Vice President, Compliance – Limassol
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree, Master Degree
- Industry Casino
- Experience 5 Years
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Chief Risk Officer (SVP CRO), the Vice President Compliance is responsible for the management of the compliance program and associated “2nd line” compliance teams across the Group, including Hong Kong, Macau, Manila, and Cyprus. Given the Company’s expansion in Cyprus and impending opening of City of Dreams Mediterranean, the position will be based in Cyprus. The role may also require travel to the aforementioned countries from time to time.
- Management of the operation of the Company’s compliance strategy, program, teams and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct. Key focus will be on the following areas:
- Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (“AML”) – oversight to ensure:
- Policies and procedures are comprehensive and appropriately maintained, and updated for changes in processes or instructions from regulators etc.
- Appropriate monitoring and analysis is performed to ensure KYC/CDD procedures are adequately completed, suspicious transactions are identified, escalated and appropriately documented, and reporting is submitted in accordance with regulators’ requirements
- AML risk assessments are performed
- All relevant staff undergo AML training on a periodic basis
- Anti-bribery and corruption – overseeing the Company’s compliance with anti-bribery and corruption laws in all jurisdictions (including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), including monitoring donations, sponsorships, gifts, meals and entertainment expenses, and intermediaries.
- Data Privacy – working with Data Privacy Officers to ensure robustness of controls over transfer of information across jurisdictions and/or to third parties, reporting processes in the event of breaches, and maintenance of policies, procedures and impact assessments.
- Casino Regulatory Compliance – independent ‘2nd line of defense’ oversight of the Company’s compliance programs focused on key regulatory obligations such as responsible gaming, and advertising and promotions.
- Management of Compliance teams/staff based in multiple jurisdictions.
- Regular interaction with regulatory authorities, and oversight of regulatory audits.
- Assisting the SVP CRO with holding meetings and preparing reports for both executive and non-executive Compliance Committees, and other relevant Board Committees.
- In consultation with the Legal department, keeping abreast of new regulatory requirements and enforcement actions in the industry, and incorporating associated updates into policies and procedures where applicable.
- Collaborating with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution, and also participation in internal/external audits of relevant compliance risks.
- Helping to maintain a Compliance culture across the Group, and ensuring there is adequate awareness of compliance requirements, and sufficient training is provided to relevant employees
- Extensive senior level experience working in compliance or audit disciplines for large corporations. Experience in gaming or financial services sectors, or other similar highly regulated industries, would be an advantage.
- Experiencing in managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Commerce/Business/Law.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CPA, CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) etc.
Skills / Competencies
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Detailed knowledge of AML, anti-bribery and corruption, and data privacy laws, and understanding of the design and execution of programs to monitor compliance with these related requirements.
- A proven executive with at least 10 years’ experience.
- High level of analytical skills, demonstrated in a multi-business unit environment.
- Impeccable integrity and independence of mind with the courage to address important issues.
- A challenging but consultative management style, with strong conflict resolution skills.
- A self-starter with a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels, including Board members and C-suite executives.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English. Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog or Greek would also be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
To apply, please click here: Vice President, Compliance – Limassol