- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Project Manager to join the Solutions Group.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for delivering ongoing operations management support, providing project planning and management for initiatives and projects Solutions Group is running.
S/he will ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget in direct liaison with the Head of Solutions Group.
The incumbent will exercise functional supervision in terms of staffing, work, performance management, training and development whilst supporting a continuous improvement mindset for subject matter experts within the group. Additionally, s/he will use their industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management for the team.
The Technical Project Manager will schedule and prioritize work to optimize deliverables, maintaining one-on-one relationships with each team member assigned to projects, delivering effective coaching and development.
S/he will be responsible for the organizational, operational aspects and processes of the Prime Architecture Committee as well as of the Technology Architecture Committee, maintaining, following up and securing that all assignments and actions agreed are delivered within timelines and cost.
- Recommend appropriate and relevant training to support Subject Matter Experts’ development plans, including cross-training or rotation opportunities to increase experiences and knowledge.
- Work with the Head of Solutions Group to identify and help resolve team members’ challenges.
- Resolve resourcing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative resourcing alternatives and negotiating with the various teams and departments. Works to support and develop positive relationships between teams.
- Proactively review and understand department team members’ needs and/or problems, to provide meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concerns.
- Work closely with the Head of Solutions/Application Owners to understand Subject Matter Experts’ skill gaps against ongoing deliverables, suggest and implement improvement plans.
- Responsible for recruitment and for collaboration with the Human Resources team for new team members joining.
- Work closely with the Release Content and Release (Development) teams to maintain a solid schedule of Solutions projects pipeline, plan and forecast in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand.
- Own and manage resource requests for ongoing work by validating requirements, searching for candidates, presenting candidates for consideration and maintaining a schedule for the day-to-day activities.
- Review and analyse various weekly reports to understand utilization, variances and forecast. Report to and follow-up with the Head of Solutions Group as required.
- Support and guide team members in meeting their open deliverables and escalate to the Head of Solutions challenges and/or problems that prevent team members from completing on time their deliverables.
- Ongoing review of Solutions Group processes, making recommendations for improvements.
- Establish and maintain performance metrics and apply these metrics to improve team member productivity and have a reference for measuring team member performance against their deliverables.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent or experience in lieu of degree.
- A Master’s Degree in Technology Management, Business Management or Project Management would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of the people (programmers) and technology within our area of business and ability to manage the pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability to multitask, excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally.
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative, and tact.
- Ability to analyse deployment data, identify key indicators & trends, and make recommendations to the Head of Solutions Group.
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and mentor others.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 13th September 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.