Tax & Accounting Manager – A Financial Services Firm – Nicosia, Cyprus
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Position Manager
- Industry Financial Services
- Experience 5 Years
- Contact Person Marina Nicolaou
- Contact Email [email protected]
Our Client is a top-rated professional services company, offering Fiduciary, Banking & Administration, Accounting and Advisory services.
They are looking to recruit a Tax & Accounting Manager for their offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
A management role having day to day communication with clients, managing their expectations and organising the work and development of the team . This role will be challenging and is ideal for someone looking for real hands on experience. The main focus will be to help manage the firm’s Tax (Corporation, VAT and Personal) and Accounting Compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing each client with exemplary service, developing potential clients.
- Managing the tax and accounting workflow and organizing the team to ensure tax and accounting deadlines are met.
- Managing a portfolio of SME clients and High Net Worth Individuals, providing both Corporate and where applicable personal tax advice.
- Managing the delivery of tax projects within given time scales, ensuring technical excellence (being able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of taxation issues and advise accordingly), liaising with International specialists on technical matters if necessary.
- Identifying and evaluating risk management issues.
- Supporting tax advisory projects, advising on specific structuring of investments mainly in Cyprus, the UK and other countries, liaising with overseas specialists in identifying tax planning opportunities for clients that have overseas businesses and investments.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA)
- Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate degree
- 5-8 years of post qualification experience (preferably in the UK)
- Very good UK tax knowledge, particularly in the areas of Corporate tax , VAT , payroll , preparation of personal tax returns (knowledge in capital allowances would be considered as an advantage)
- Ambitious, capable, professionally qualified individual with Tax Compliance and Accounting experience gained within a medium or large accounting firm
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages
- Good level of proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong technical, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel to London a few times during the year.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.