- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company JCC Payment Systems Ltd
JCC Payment Systems Ltd is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual to fulfill the role of a Systems Engineer to be part of its Technology Infrastructure Department based in Nicosia.
The ideal candidate should be a strong team player and should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the systems infrastructure of the company.
Job Duties/ Main Responsibilities:
- Maintains and supports workstations, servers, operating systems, application software, automation tools, virtualisation and storage systems.
- Prepares and implements changes and upgrades to the systems infrastructure to support new projects, meet compliance requirements and replace aging technology.
- Monitors the systems infrastructure in order to perform preventive maintenance, detect and fix defects, apply new versions and patches, mitigate system vulnerabilities, perform capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Implements and maintains the systems backup and redundancy strategies.
- Configures and maintains the systems in accordance to the company’s security, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation (e.g. manuals, network diagrams, configuration standards, asset inventory lists, test plans).
- Provides support and assistance to users and customers.
Personal Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science/ Engineering or other related field at an accredited University
- REDHAT Linux and UNIX
- Host security, networking and storage systems
- Monitoring, management and automation tools
- Scripting languages such as ksh scripts will be considered an advantage
- IBM AIX will be considered an advantage
- TSM (IBM Spectrum Protect Suite) will be considered an advantage
- VMWARE and Microsoft ecosystem will be considered an advantage
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications will be handled with complete confidentiality. Interested candidates should send their CV to [email protected] by February 28, 2020, with subject reference ‘SE06022020’.
- Please note that only qualified/ successful candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the process.