- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Systems/Code DevOps Automation Engineer to join our PRIME Technology team in Nicosia. The Engineer will automate processes, delivering a modern, lean approach to “smooth the path” through the complete software development cycle.
Working with our distributed team, the successful candidate will have a part in efforts to build, support and improve our tools for Continuous Integration, automated testing and release management. The incumbent will also be involved in evaluating new tools and in applying continuous improvement on our existing tools and build pipelines in order to speed up feedback loops, shift testing and shorten delivery release cycles.
Technically, the successful candidate should be versed in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration, good in the tooling such as SVN/Git, Atlassian Bamboo, Atlassian JIRA, Jenkins, Build tools like MSBuild and Maven, as well as Shell scripting. The Engineer will also need to be comfortable in working with unfamiliar tools and technologies, being able to evaluate them, get familiar and start using them quickly where needed.
The successful candidate will play a role in taking the current state and tools to the next step by automating as much as possible and by applying Lean Thinking on the existing processes.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Shell/Batch scripting
- Good working knowledge of JAVA
- Basic experience in SQL scripting
- Strong understanding of SVN/Git Version Control Systems
- Good working knowledge of Maven/MSBuild
- Some experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins
Desired Requirements for the role:
- Good working knowledge of software release management practices
- Good working knowledge of Linux Administration
- Strong understanding of Windows administration
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Database Administration
- Good working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA
- Good working knowledge of Atlassian Bamboo
The successful candidate should also have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues.
- Good time management skills, able to prioritise and progress several lines of work.
- Effective problem solving abilities with a logical, pragmatic and structured approach to delivery.
- A self-starter, pro-active and able to operate under their own initiative.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated software development team.
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme.
- Flexibility to travel to client premises and undertake payment scheme certifications, onsite installation and client training, user acceptance testing support, acting as floor walker and software expert during client visitations.
What we offer:
- Challenging, interesting work in a truly international environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop from an experienced team
- A culture focused on people where every individual contributes and makes a difference
- A friendly working environment, with a strong sense of camaraderie
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 10th July 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.