- Location cyprus,
- Industry for the position Information Technology and Services
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer Senior to join the PRIME Processing team in Nicosia.
Our Software Engineers will be responsible for coding, debugging, maintaining, supporting, implementing and validating applications whilst collaborating and communicating with appropriate parties. They will further maintain and utilise application and programming documents in the development of code, recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing code for TSYS Software independently or with support from the Team Leader using various tools and owning responsibility for quality assurance of their development
- Solving client software issues and supporting the client software life-cycle
- Performing corrective measures for moderately complex code deficiencies and escalating alternative proposals as necessary
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with software testing, coding, designing and developing
- Development skills in C and C++ or any other object oriented language
- Administrative skills on Linux platform
- Database Development skills, preferably in Oracle PL/SQL (Oracle Administration skills will be considered a plus)
- Experience writing technical solutions and converting business requirements into technical specifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, B Tech or other technical degree. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Experience in CI/CD tools, creating Docker Containers, Kubernetes development, managing Kubernetes applications will be consider an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Able to work occasional shift hours during command centres and client implementations
- Flexibility to travel (in the future) to client premises and undertake payment scheme certifications, support onsite new client implementations and client training, user acceptance testing support, act as floor walker and software expert during client visitations.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 21st June 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.