Software Engineer (C/C++)
- Industry Engineering
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for a C/C++ Software Engineer to join our PRIME Technology team in Nicosia. The successful candidate will work as part of the Core team, which is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the company’s products. They will be involved in the development and testing of software and products, liaising with internal clients such as QA and Documentation teams, through the complete quarterly release cycle.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Advance knowledge of programming in C/C++
- Good working knowledge of Database Development skills
- Good working knowledge of Linux administration
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
Desired requirements for the role:
- Development experience in large enterprise based systems
- Project experience in installing, configuring, testing and training clients
- Software development experience in Payment Systems industry or related systems
- Familiarity with Payment Systems message formats and file structures will be considered an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Administration.
The successful candidate should also have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues.
- Good time management skills, able to prioritise and progress several lines of work.
- Effective problem solving abilities with a logical, pragmatic and structured approach to delivery.
- A self-starter, pro-active and able to operate under their own initiative.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated software development team.
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme.
- Flexibility to travel (in the future) to client premises and undertake payment scheme certifications, onsite installation and client training, user acceptance testing support, acting as floor walker and software expert during client visitations.
What we offer:
- Challenging, interesting work in a truly international environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop from an experienced team
- A culture focused on people where every individual contributes and makes a difference
- A friendly working environment, with a strong sense of camaraderie
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 17th October 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.