Senior Web Developer (5454)
- Contact Person Caroline Rafferty
- Contact Email [email protected]
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Specialize in a range of different areas from design, development, maintenance and quality assurance of products and services.
- Liaise with different parts of the business, including Project Managers and other internal functions to fulfil the company’s requirements.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites.
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent.
- Proven working experience in web programming and specifically on React.js.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Excellent understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3, experience with SASS/SCSS preprocessors.
- Deep understanding and experience of using OOP, basic development patterns.
- Ability to use a consistent code style, understand someone else’s code and write your own.
- Ability to work with version control systems (Git), basic knowledge of server commands.
- Working knowledge of a SQL database variant.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience in responsive design to adapt markup to multiple form-factors.
- Understanding of the full stack: from the browser and CSS on one end, to creating REST APIs and serving SPA applications using Next.js.
- Must have good knowledge of database management systems.
- Meticulous, methodical, and accurate in the completion of tasks.
- Strong problem solving and technical innovation skills.
- High standard of software programming techniques and unit test coverage.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.