- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 8 Years +
- Industry for the position Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Company Power Energy Cyprus
Power Energy Cyprus (PEC) with consideration to the increasing energy consumption demand and to the planned electricity market liberalization, has acquired all the necessary permits and begun construction of a state-of-the-art Combined Cycle Power Plant in Mari Area, Limassol, Cyprus. The Power Station is anticipated to be in full operation by summer 2021 and is projected to be in line with the arrival of LNG on the island.
Mari Power plant will use the latest technology in power generation. It will be a gas fired combined cycle power plant but will also be operated with diesel if necessary. The 260 MW Power Station will contribute to the reduction of electricity cost for end-users and will serve the Group plan for becoming a leading Energy Supplier in the Island.
PEC and Cyfield, are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior QA/QC Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the Project Director and will be part of the Project Management Team. This is a staff position based in Nicosia for the engineering phase. Relocation to Mari, Limassol will be required for Erection phase.
Potential long term management position during Operation and Maintenance Phase.
- Responsible for overall QA/QC Coordination of all parties (Owners Engineer, OEM, Vendors, Third parties)
- Attend FATs from Owner side
- Maintain and implement the quality plan and the subsequent Inspection Test Plan and QA/QC procedures
- Review of contracts to identify any special quality requirements and advise appropriate departments
- Planning and guidance of all QA/QC personnel and contractors
- Stimulate quality awareness and implications with all employees and contractors
- Continuous Review of the quality plan and make adjustments as required
- Excellent knowledge of applicable standards
- Responsible for QA/QC overall coordination of all parties at site, during erection phase. Ensure that all construction activities are completed in accordance with applicable codes. Perform field inspections and review NDT reports
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the Energy industry including 5 years at a senior coordinator level
- Mechanical or Welding engineering degree
- Holder of valid Welding / NDT certificates (NDT level 2 minimum required)
- Excellent knowledge of welding procedures of all type of material, especially low alloys
- Experience in electrical and civil works inspections, painting works as well
- Other inspection certifications desirable
- International exposure and ability to interact with a multi-national and multi-cultural team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to convey complex technical information in concise, accessible language to senior executives.
- Ability to travel and participate in monthly meetings and milestones achievement confirmation
Attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Health Care and other benefits depending on position. Excellent working conditions in a professional environment. Career advancement opportunities. All applications will be treated confidentially and those which meet the requirements shall be replied to. Applicants should send their CV by email to [email protected], stating the job position they are applying for by 20th of May 2019.