- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced project manager to join our project management team based in Nicosia, Cyprus. The team is responsible for ensuring the success of all projects undertaken by the company, both internally and commercially with our growing worldwide client base.
The project manager will lead global projects of varying scale through all aspects of their end to end lifecycle working with clients, internal teams and external partners. They will ensure effective elicitation of requirements and formulation of fit for purpose solutions along with relevant implementation strategies which are agreed with all parties. Accountable for overall success, the project manager will define the project plan baseline and ensure appropriate monitoring and control during project execution so the project is delivered within baseline scope, time, budget and quality dimensions. Crucially, they will be adept at building lasting relationships with internal and/or external client stakeholders, including senior sponsors, to ensure ongoing alignment and ultimately satisfaction with delivery outcomes.
Leveraging industry best practices and project management methodologies to implement effective governance and optimise performance, the project manager will deal with orchestrating cross functional teams, work scheduling and prioritisation, communications and reporting, issue, risk, stakeholder and change management etc. in order to successfully meet the project’s objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- 6 -10+ years of proven end to end project management experience in the financial services industry (preferably payment systems industry) and/or IT industry
- Software implementation experience is considered key
- Experience and knowledge of application development methods and the software development lifecycle preferably with banking / payment applications
- Experience managing multiple client projects in a virtual and multi-national team environment with a track record of successful delivery
- Demonstrated / proven ability to build relationships at different levels with a variety of stakeholders and lead multiple cross functional teams working under pressure
- Experience with project management methodologies such as PMI and/or Prince 2
- Experience creating and maintaining project documentation in accordance with enterprise standards e.g. Project plans, RAID logs, status reports, dashboards etc.
- Ability to direct project outcomes based on business objectives
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experience of planning and implementing projects under contractual / commercial constraints.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, MIS, Business or Finance
- PMI PMP certified or equivalent
- Logical thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and positively handle situations / tasks of wide-ranging complexity and risk
- Flexibility to travel as required is a must
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours with clients and teams in different time zones when required
- PC skills including MS Office and MS Project.
To apply for this position please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 17th January 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.