- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 8 Years +
- Industry for the position Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Company Power Energy Cyprus
Power Energy Cyprus (PEC) with consideration to the increasing energy consumption demand and to the planned electricity market liberalization, has acquired all the necessary permits and begun construction of a state-of-the-art Combined Cycle Power Plant in Mari Area, Limassol, Cyprus. The Power Station is anticipated to be in full operation by summer 2021 and is projected to be in line with the arrival of LNG on the island.
Mari Power plant will use the latest technology in power generation. It will be a gas fired combined cycle power plant but will also be operated with diesel if necessary. The 260 MW Power Station will contribute to the reduction of electricity cost for end-users and will serve the Group plan for becoming a leading Energy Supplier in the Island.
PEC and Cyfield, are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Procurement Engineer. The successful candidate will report to the Project Director and will be part of the Project Management Team. This is a staff position based in Nicosia for the engineering phase. Visits to site at Mari Limassol will be required.
Potential long term management position during Operation and Maintenance Phase.
- Provide support to the project teams, understanding project procurement requirements while helping with the sourcing and procurement of both goods and services to meet expectations
Maintain the project supplier commitment records
- Raise purchase requisitions and administer both purchase orders and amendments to ensure timely achievement of project objectives
- Prepare requests for quotations to suppliers, meeting the requirements and demands of the business and projects
- Raise goods received notes, dispatching documentation and goods
- Process supplier invoices, ensuring deliverables have been met and an appropriate budget holder sign-off is obtained within a timely manner
- Keep in regular contact with both suppliers and vendors to resolve any order or delivery issues
- Maintain and ensure all approved supplier approval documentation is up to date at all times
Education and Qualifications:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with solid Energy Projects experience
- Extensive project execution experience (12 years), preferable including engineering, construction and commissioning in the Energy industry
- Previous Experience as Senior Procurement Engineer for at least three similar projects
- Knowledge of electrical and I&C disciplines.
- Knowledge of logistic/customs procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to convey complex technical information in concise, accessible language to senior executives.
- Ability to travel
Attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Health Care and other benefits depending on position. Excellent working conditions in a professional environment. Career advancement opportunities. All applications will be treated confidentially and those which meet the requirements shall be replied to. Applicants should send their CV by email to [email protected], stating the job position they are applying for by 20th of May 2019.