Senior Database Engineer (Data Conversion)
If you are looking for your next step in your career, be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
Are you an SQL enthusiast?
TSYS is seeking talented Senior Database Engineers to join our PRIME at Conversion Consultancy team to innovate, engineer and provide AWS Cloud geared solutions in database technology and data conversion and transformation.
Our team creatively and disruptively designs and implements, through ORACLE PL/SQL, innovative repeatable processes for large data migrations and conversions.
- Innovate and craft new standardizations and data conversion methodologies that will be used by delivery teams through multiple, critical projects!
- Design, deliver, and be the custodian of large-scale solutions, while implementing your creations with international engineering colleagues.
- Lead workstreams that design major value-adding projects for the company which embrace major players of the banking industry.
- Drive cutting-edge technology by exploring concepts on AWS Amazon cloud, CI/CD tools, Jenkins automations, Kubernetes, GIT code repositories, and Docker.
- Belong to a culturally diverse team with team members in 4 different countries. We work collaboratively in an environment that best supports new joiners!
All you need is:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Database Development
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Oracle Database Development (i.e., PL/SQL), Oracle Performance Tuning
- Advance coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must
- Knowledgeable in and with working experience of medium to large/complex projects
- Experience in end-to-end project implementation delivery and awareness on SDLC
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (shell, Python, Perl)
- Flexibility to travel to client premises (in the future).
Expand your Horizons:
- Advance your ORACLE PL/SQL skills and cover concepts such as performance optimization, and good programming practices and designing skills.
- Stretch your knowledge to include ‘data conversion’ concepts such as data mapping, leverage ORACLE expertise in integration, data handling and transformation.
- Commence your journey to the unique world of the credit card industry, VISA & MASTERCARD as well as automated payments and fraud detection.
- Master the art of consulting and influencing the mindset of delivery groups and international clients.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.