Senior Database Engineer (Data Conversion)
- Industry Information Technology and Services
- Contact Email www.tsys.com/careers
Are you an SQL enthusiast?
TSYS is seeking talented Database Engineers to join our PRIME at Conversion Consultancy team to innovate, engineer and provide AWS Cloud geared solutions in database technology and data conversion and transformation.
Our team creatively and disruptively designs and implements, through ORACLE PL/SQL, innovative repeatable processes for large data migrations and conversions.
- Innovate and craft new standardizations and data conversion methodologies that will be used by delivery teams through multiple, critical projects!
- Design, deliver, and be the custodian of large-scale solutions, while implementing your creations with international engineering colleagues.
- Lead workstreams that design major value-adding projects for the company which embrace major players of the banking industry.
- Drive cutting-edge technology by exploring concepts on AWS Amazon cloud, CI/CD tools, Jenkins automations, Kubernetes, GIT code repositories, and Docker.
- Belong to a culturally diverse team with team members in 4 different countries. We work collaboratively in an environment that best supports new joiners!
All you need is:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Database Development
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Oracle Database Development (i.e., PL/SQL), Oracle Performance Tuning
- Advance coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must
- Knowledgeable in and with working experience of medium to large/complex projects
- Experience in end-to-end project implementation delivery and awareness on SDLC
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (shell, Python, Perl)
- Flexibility to travel to client premises (in the future).
Expand your Horizons:
- Advance your ORACLE PL/SQL skills and cover concepts such as performance optimization, and good programming practices and designing skills
- Stretch your knowledge to include ‘data conversion’ concepts such as data mapping, leverage ORACLE expertise in integration, data handling and transformation
- Commence your journey to the unique world of the credit card industry, VISA & MASTERCARD as well as automated payments and fraud detection
- Master the art of consulting and influencing the mindset of delivery groups and international clients.
At TSYS, in addition to your competitive salary, successful provident fund and enhanced non-contributory medical insurance for you and your family, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Environment: Join a modern and friendly environment designed for collaboration and teamwork
- Location: On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible ‘PRIME’ location in Nicosia just off the highway and park in our covered parking area
- Wellness: Begin or end your day working out in our in-house gym with a tranquil view of Athalassa park
- Flexibility:Two to three days a week, feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home
- Dress:Keep it chill at the office – and be as comfortable at work as you are in your own living room
- Entertainment: Need a break or looking for inspiration? Relax by playing a game of billiards, ping pong, table football, darts or PlayStation in the fun recreational area with the view of the Mall.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.