- Location cyprus,
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Analyst Senior to join our international team in Nicosia.
The SDET Analyst Senior will be responsible for carrying out procedures to ensure that all applications under test meet technical and business requirements. Furthermore, the SDET Analyst Senior will coordinate with technical and business resources to identify and correct identified defects, negotiate project dates and resource requirements, report progress on testing and defect resolution and devise quality improvements to current procedures.
Acting as a single point of contact for client projects, the SDET Analyst Senior will coordinate the execution of test plans with an assigned test team and she/he will create and review complex test designs and plans, by identifying and mitigating risks to ensure project timelines and budget are met.
The SDET Analyst Senior will execute automation scripts and analyse automated test results. She/he will maintain automation test scripts and run plans and validate TSYS software products. Providing first level support for queries relating to automation tools to the manual testing team as well as suggestions for automation framework improvement is also expected.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a testing environment plus detailed working knowledge of software testing tools and techniques.
- Experience developing and implementing test processes, including unit, integration, functional and regression testing.
- Proven ability to provide testing support to multiple clients.
- 4+ years relevant experience in IT/Bank Card industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, MIS, Business or Finance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying Test Methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in use of testing tools (HP Quality Center/ QTP, Selenium etc) and experience of Automation using QTP or Selenium
- Good time management skills, able to prioritise and progress several lines of work.
- Effective problem solving abilities with a logical, pragmatic and structured approach to delivery.
- A self-starter, pro-active and able to operate under their own initiative.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated software development team.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills, including listening skills.
Desirable requirements for the role:
- Demonstrated experience in Defect / Incident Management
- ISEB / ISTQB Certification or equivalent
- Exposure to testing tools (HP Quality Center/ QTP, Selenium etc) and experience of Automation using QTP or Selenium
- Basic Oracle and SQL knowledge
- Basic Unix/Linux experience.
What we offer:
- Challenging, interesting work in a truly international environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop from an experienced team
- A culture focused on people where every individual contributes and makes a difference
- A friendly working environment, with a strong sense of camaraderie
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 24th July 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.