Post-doctoral Fellowship in the Biology of Brain Malignancies and Cell Therapeutics in European Innovation Council –Funded Projects
- Qualifications Master Degree, Doctorate Degree
- Position Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Contact Person Andreani Odysseos
- Contact Email [email protected]
EPOS-Iasis, R&D, a Cyprus-based research-oriented SME engaged with major local, European and global academic centers, invites qualified and highly motivated young researchers to express their interest for a research Fellowship in the context of the EIC Pathfinder projects on Brain Malignancies and Degenerative Disorders. The projects involve high caliber research activities in the molecular and sub-molecular evolution and progress of primary and metastatic brain tumors, their interfacing with external control and the processing of genetically engineered stem cells towards cell-based therapeutic and sensing systems.
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment and eager to be actively engaged in joint training activities. Minimal requirements include,
- A PhD degree or equivalent in, Cellular /Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Pharmacology, Biotechnology or related field. Candidates with MSc and extensive research experience in the relevant fields can be considered.
- Essential research work in projects on cancer biology and therapeutics including experience in genetic engineering/synthetic biology, stem cell technologies, molecular pathway analysis, tissue processing and three-dimensional cultures (3D). Experience with work in brain tumor biology and extracellular vesicles will be favorably considered.
- Substantial previous experience with laboratory animal handling. Experience with stereotactic techniques and brain interventions in small rodents will be favorably considered.
- Very good command on advanced optical imaging techniques, including spectrophotometry, confocal microscopy and in vivo imaging technologies.
- Excellent command on written and spoken English.