- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 4 Years
- Position Others
- Qualification Doctorate Degree
- Offered Salary €30,000 - €50,000
- Gender Both
- Industry for the position Research
- Contact Person Andreani D. Odysseos
- Company EPOS - IASIS
EPOS-Iasis, R&D, a Cyprus-based research-oriented SME engaged with major local and European academic centers, invites highly motivated and qualified young researchers to express their interest for a Research Promotion Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowship. The initial position is for 14 months with the prospect for extension for an additional 24 months in the context of an EC HORIZON 2020 FETOpen project. The research projects involve the development of fully autologous animal models and the construction of biomaterial-based cellular systems for delivery of molecular therapeutics to brain malignancies.
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary and multifaceted environment and eager to be actively engaged in joint training activities. Minimal requirements include,
- A PhD degree in Cellular /Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Pharmacology, Biotechnology or related field.
- Essential post-doctoral research work in projects related to cancer biology and therapeutics including experience in stem cell technologies, molecular pathway analysis, tissue processing and primary cultures.
- Documented experience with laboratory animal handling and very good command on stereotactic animal experimentation and intracranial processing.
- Very good command on advanced optical imaging techniques, including spectrophotometry, confocal microscopy and In Vivo imaging technologies.
Salaries, living allowances and additional benefits: The compensation for this position is based on the current predefined cost scales of the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation RESTART program, based on post-doctoral research experience (http://www.research.org.cy/el/iris-portal). Out of this amount the employer’s and employee’s contributions pertaining to Social Security and the National Health Care System, as well as the income tax applicable to the researcher, will be deducted. The current deduction rates and personal tax brackets can be found in the following links:
Personal Income Tax: http://www.ansoconsulting.com/cyprus-taxation/cyprus-personal-income-tax.html
Employer and Employee Contributions: http://www.hmiaccountants.com/social_security.php
Should any of these contributions and/or tax brackets be adjusted by the Cyprus government, the researcher’s salary will be adjusted accordingly.
Interested candidates should provide:
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter
- Copies of 3 representative publications
- Contact details of 3 referees