- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 2 Years
- Position Others
- Offered Salary €30,000 - €50,000
- Gender Both
- Industry for the position Research
- Contact Person ANDREANI ODYSSEOS
- Company EPOS - IASIS
EPOS-Iasis, R&D, a Cyprus-based research-oriented SME engaged with major local, European and global academic centers, invites qualified and highly motivated young researchers to express their interest for a 24-month Fellowship in the context of the EIC Pathfinder project FETOpen GLADIATOR (www.fet-gladiator.eu). The projects involves high caliber research activities in the molecular and sub-molecular evolution and progress of malignant gliomas, their interfacing with external control and the processing of genetically engineered stem cells towards cell-based therapeutic and sensing systems.
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment and eager to be actively engaged in joint training activities. Minimal requirements include,
- A PhD degree or equivalent in, Cellular /Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Pharmacology, Biotechnology or related field.
- Essential post-doctoral research work in projects on cancer biology and therapeutics including experience in genetic engineering/synthetic biology, stem cell technologies, molecular pathway analysis, tissue processing and three-dimensional cultures (3D). Experience with work in brain tumours biology and extracellular vesicles will be favorably considered.
- Substantial previous experience with laboratory animal handling. Experience with stereotactic techniques and brain interventions in small rodents will be favorably considered.
- Very good command on advanced optical imaging techniques, including spectrophotometry, confocal microscopy and in vivo imaging technologies.
- Excellent command on both written and spoken English.
Salaries, living allowances and additional benefits: The compensation for this position is based on post-doctoral research experience, qualifications and specialized skillset, adjusted to the standard practices of the company. Out of this amount the employer’s and employee’s contributions pertaining to Social Security and the National Health Care System, as well as the income tax applicable to the researcher, will be deducted. The current deduction rates and personal tax brackets can be found in the following links:
Personal Income Tax: http://www.ansoconsulting.com/cyprus-taxation/cyprus-personal-income-tax.html
Should any of these contributions and/or tax brackets be adjusted by the Cyprus Government, the researcher’s salary will be adjusted accordingly.
Interested candidates should provide: (i) a motivation letter; (ii) a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae; (iii) copies of 3 representative publications and (iv) contact details of 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 15/04/ 2020.