- Location cyprus, limassol
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
A new opportunity has arisen for an Oracle Database Administrator Senior to join our international team in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. (S)he will be expected to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries.
S(He) will also formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management, propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system as well as establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the Applications Team while performing troubleshooting to determine the source of application failures. Assists in the development of solutions to minimize the potential of future application failures. Supports the implementation of solutions
- Performs testing of database software, utilities and patches, such as Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Data Guard, within a test environment prior to production roll out. Identifies and resolves issues while in the test environment. Performs the migration of tested/approved software, utilities, and patches to the production environment
- Works with mission critical database applications across Oracle databases. Designs & develops scalable architectures for application features. Designs complex SQL queries and tunes for performance
- Performs automation of repetitive tasks using docker, Jenkins etc. Performs analysis of defects (prod/uat/qa) and provides solutions/fixes
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in Installation, Customization, Testing and Maintenance of database systems within a production environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience designing and maintaining Oracle
- Experience developing and supporting complex mission-critical production database systems
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Perl)
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills
- Very good knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Coding skills in a procedural language specifically in Oracle PL/SQL
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme if required.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 2nd August 2020. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.