- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
At TSYS, we are creatively and disruptively solving some of the most complex database problems related to immense growth, scaling, extremely high performance and high availability requirements. Do these types of challenges excite you?
TSYS is seeking talented database engineers who will innovate and engineer solutions in the area of database technology. We need individuals who are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world data problems. The Data Engineering team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, closely partnering with development groups and providing deep subject matter expertise input as stakeholders to design reviews, and as an advocate for bringing forward and resolving customer issues.
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including Oracle
- Good coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (ideally PL/SQL, possibly T-SQL etc.)
- Excellent SQL and Database performance tuning skills
- Experience developing and supporting complex mission-critical production database systems
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the client requests to application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl)
- Proven track record of automating tasks
- Experience in Monitoring solution (e.g. Oracle Cloud Control, Splunk, Nagios): implementation, configuration, developing new metrics and alerts
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
- On-call for production databases issues
- Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and dev support
- Proven experience of non-standard solution inventions
- Self-learning abilities
- Extravertive in knowledge sharing
- Documentation skills
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Experience with other Data Persistence platforms:RDBMS (Postgres, SQLServer, MySQL), Distributed SQL Engines (Cassandra, Foundation DB, Cockroach DB), NoSQL (Mongo DB), Hadoop, Data and Software Migration off/to RDBMS, AWS DBs (RDS, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, etc.), Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data
- Working with one or more streaming platforms, such as Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm, or AWS Kinesis
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
- Exposure to cloud environments and architectures
- experienced in various Clustering and Sharding architectures
- Experience in Kubernetes will be a plus
- Exposure in Linux/Unix administration would be beneficial too.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 15th September 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.