- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Technician to join our International team in Nicosia. The successful candidate will execute operational activities, either manually or through automation tools, that also support testing and financial reconciliation activities. He/she will liaise with internal and external teams with regard to the status of requests, errors & defects and also write or modify scripts for Windows, Unix / Linux environments to support operational activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Executing operational / processing requests (scheduled and ad-hoc)
- Implementing parameter maintenance requests via application screens
- Use automation tools to support test activities, financial reconciliation activities, sanity checks and regression test.
- Liaising with internal and external clients in regards to the status of requests, errors & defects
- Performing data updates (manual entry and electronic file load)
- Application Monitoring
- Generating MI reports
- Supporting incidents and effectively driving resolution
- Deployment implementation
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to summarize technical issues
- Knowledge and use of Windows, Unix, Linux OS commands. Use of these commands within scripts to automate batch activities (essential)
- Basic programming skills e.g .Net programming language will be advantageous
- Ability to identify, analyse and process issues through to resolution (desirable)
- IT related diploma/certifications or equivalent experience
The team provides 24 / 7 cover therefore the team works 12 hour shifts (8.30am to 8.30pm or 8.30pm to 8.30am) in the following pattern: 2 days, 2 nights, 5 days off; 2 days, 3 nights, 4 days off; 3 days, 2 nights, 5 days off on a rotation basis.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages dependent on relevant skills and level of experience. A shift allowance is payable additional to basic salary for this role.
To apply for this position please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 27th October 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.