- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Operations & Processes Manager to join the Solutions Group.
The Solutions Group Operations & Processes Manager will be responsible for delivering ongoing operations management support, directly leading a highly technical team of Subject Matter Experts. The incumbent will exercise full supervision in terms of staffing, work, performance management and training and development whilst supporting a continuous improvement mindset.
Primary responsibility entails managing and executing all team processes, scheduling and prioritizing work, to optimize deliverables, maintaining an assigned one-on-one relationship with each team member, delivering effective coaching and development.
S/he will be responsible for the organizational, operational aspects and processes of the Prime Architecture Committee as well as of the Technology Architecture Committee, maintaining, following up and securing that all assignments and actions agreed are delivered within timelines and cost.
Role responsibilities involve:
- Set and maintain in the HRIS the Subject Matter Experts’ areas of expertise, skill sets, project experiences that will allow optimized utilization across the different areas of Solutions Group work assignments.
- Recommend appropriate and relevant training to support Subject Matter Experts’ development plans, including cross-training or rotation opportunities to increase experiences and knowledge.
- Work with the Head of Solutions Group to identify and help resolve team members’ challenges.
- Resolve resourcing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative resourcing alternatives and negotiating with the various teams and departments. Works to support and develop positive relationships between teams.
- Proactively review and understand department team members’ needs and/or problems, to provide meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concerns.
- Work closely with the Head of Solutions/Application Owners to understand Subject Matter Experts’ skill gaps against ongoing deliverables, suggest and implement improvement plans.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to the achievement of the department goals and/or priorities.
- Responsible for recruitment and for collaboration with the Human Resources team for new team members joining.
- Work closely with the Release Content and Release (Development) teams to maintain a solid schedule of Solutions projects pipeline, plan and forecast in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand.
- Own and manage resource requests for ongoing work by validating requirements, searching for candidates, presenting candidates for consideration and maintaining a schedule for the day-to-day activities.
- Review and analyze various weekly reports to understand utilization, variances and forecast. Report to and follow-up with the Head of Solutions Group as required.
- Support and guide team members in meeting their open deliverables and escalate to the Head of Solutions challenges and/or problems that prevent team members from completing on time their deliverables.
- Ongoing review of Solutions Group processes, making recommendations for improvements.
- Establish and maintain performance metrics and apply these metrics to improve team member productivity and have a reference for measuring team member performance against their deliverables.
- 8 years plus related professional experience in the financial services industry (preferably payment systems industry) and/or IT industry.
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS or experience in lieu of degree. MSc in a related field would be an added advantage.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability to multitask, excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally.
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially attention to detail, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative, and tact.
- Ability to analyze deployment data, identify key indicators & trends, and make recommendations to the Head of Solutions Group.
- Demonstrated ability to actively develop and mentor others.
- Flexibility to travel to other TSYS locations if required.
What we offer:
- Challenging, interesting work in a truly international environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop from an experienced team
- A culture focused on people where every individual contributes and makes a difference
- A friendly working environment, with a strong sense of camaraderie
- Competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 15th March 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.