- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Industry for the position Hospital & Health Care
- Company Human Asset Ltd
Medical Laboratory Scientist, Nicosia – MLS/07/20
Our client, a leading private health organization, is looking to employ a professional to join their team in Nicosia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and organise work at the Clinical Laboratory relating to sections in Biochemistry / Immunochemistry, Haematology / Coagulation, and Microbiology.
- Carry out complex analysis on blood specimens and other body fluids.
- Assure the quality of Laboratory Investigations.
- Audit the diagnostic and clinical use and performance of investigations
- Report abnormal and critical values to supervisor.
- Develop new and existing test often automated and computer assisted, but sometimes requiring considerable manual expertise.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary turnaround times for reporting results are achieved whenever possible.
- Use information technology to accurate record and analyse data, write reports, share results and maintain the correct and efficient functioning of the LIS.
- Assist in the production of Laboratory documentation particularly relating to policies and standard operating procedures according to ISO 18189.
- Develop new methods of investigations and keep up to date with diagnostic innovations.
- Implement quality control procedures both in house and external.
- Stock taking of supplies and anticipate needs report to supervisor and execute orders.
- Maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional education.
- Participate in after work programmed services i.e. weekends.
- Perform phlebotomy on outpatient clients.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team is an important quality for the role.
- Acquiring a BSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Biomedical Sciences with specialty in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Haematology or Molecular.
- At least 2 Years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist / Technologist in an accredited Clinical Laboratory
- Good expertise in Blood collection.
- Fluency of Greek and English language.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, online email, calendar and/or other Windows based software.
- Previous hospital experience will also be considered an advantage.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Trustworthy and reliable person.
If you are interested to apply, please visit: https://www.humanasset.com/?p=13536