- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 3 Years
- Industry for the position Nonprofit Organization Management
- Company War Child
War Child is looking for:
based in Nicosia, Cyprus
War Child Holland (WCH) is an international non-governmental organization that works exclusively to improve the well-being and resilience of children and youths affected by violence and armed conflict. From its branch in Cyprus, WCH and its partners support children affected by the conflict in Syria through an integrated mix of child protection, education and psychosocial support interventions, while working closely with their caregivers, families and wider communities for maximum and durable impact.
We are seeking to strengthen our team and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate MEAL Coordinator to join our dynamic team of professionals dedicated to helping children and their families positively deal with the consequences of being exposed to armed conflict.
As a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator you will actively contribute to and improve War Child’s MEAL practices by developing, and maintaining frameworks, systems, and tools. You will lead the systematic collection of data on a project basis and ensure the effective use of MEAL information and reports to make necessary changes in project implementation, and inform programming and project design. Furthermore, you will play a key role in building the competencies of staff, partners and relevant actors in programme monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Contribute to the design of new projects:
- Support the MEAL Manager in planning for and conducting needs/contextual assessments.
- Participate in project design workshops through presenting lessons learned and best practices.
- Support in proposal writing whenever needed, including developing log frames.
Set-up MEAL frameworks for new projects:
- Develop and continually refer to a comprehensive and detailed project MEAL plans which outlines key data collection, analysis, and reporting activities to be carried out by partners.
- Adopt/adapt quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- Deliver MEAL induction meetings with partners to present the detailed MEAL plan, War Child’s Accountability framework and planned key third-party reviews, evaluations etc.
- Guide programme teams in the use of Management Information Systems (MIS) to support data collection, analysis, and reporting needs with adherence to quality and accountability.
Mainstream monitoring activities:
- Provide partner staff with capacity building workshops or coaching sessions to ensure data is collected in a timely and accurate manner and in alignment with the project MEAL plan.
- Develop and/or streamline reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition, aggregation, and flow of information in and between programmes and projects.
- Process, analyse, report and present on collected data which is required for internal and/or donor reporting.
- Identify and address shortfalls in MEAL management.
- Support programme and project design to ensure adherence to sector and War Child standards for programme and project MEAL.
- Ensure the M&E components of projects are implemented through guiding, supporting, and building the competency of the staff of War Child and partner organisations.
- Provide advice to various stakeholders on necessary adjustments to projects during implementation and post-implementation.
- Liaise with partners on any third-party monitoring activities planned for the project.
Lead on MEAL project-close out activities:
- Support MEAL manager in planning for and managing end-term reviews/evaluations.
- Lead on internal and partner lessons learned events planned as part of project closure.
- Archive comprehensive project datasets.
- Support in drafting final donor and performance reports whenever needed.
Internal and External Coordination:
- Provide support to and coordinate between offices and programmes in all aspects of country-relevant MEAL activities.
- Participate in MEAL working groups and maintain close working relationships with counterparts in other relevant international NGOs, and local NGOs and associations in the middle east region.
- Represent War Child externally, in relevant platforms/networks focused on MEAL and information management of programmes and projects.
- Relevant academic background (e.g.: development, research, social science, statistics)
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative M&E systems and tools.
- Minimum 3 years of active M&E experience in social development programming required.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes and meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality.
- Experience conducting interviews and focus group discussions with vulnerable persons as well as a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in data analysis and assessments.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SPSS, Access, SQL, and any other statistical packages.
- Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in the project design and implementation.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills who is results-oriented.
- Able to quickly identify needs / gaps and work towards solutions.
- Excellent coordination, teamwork skills and flexibility.
- Ability to guide and manage others.
- Strong research and writing skills with the ability to produce high quality reports.
- Good problem-solving & organisational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; able to maintain close working relationships with local authorities, international NGOs, local NGOs and associations.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Commitment to high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location: Nicosia, Cyprus (Some flexible arrangements in Lebanon, Jordan or oPt may be considered for preferred high qualified candidates).
Contract: The contract for is for at least 1 year with the intention to prolong.
Salary: Grade E (Euros 1, 759 – Eur 2, 661 gross per month)
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and a short cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: https://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/178950/apply
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
War Child prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We support & promote diversity & inclusion, and we will consider all qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.