- Location cyprus,
- Experience 8 Years +
- Position Manager
- Industry for the position Casino
- Company Melco Resorts & Entertainment
Melco Resorts & Entertainment in Cyprus
Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Melco) is the developer and operator of the upcoming integrated resort, City of Dreams Mediterranean, which is expected to be the largest and premier integrated resort in Europe. The Company’s unique blend of design, entertainment and quality sets the company apart, making it the global leader in premium integrated resorts. As recipient of more than 650 awards international, regional and local awards, Melco’s esteemed achievements highlight the Company’s dedication to exceptional hospitality and service excellence. With its entire property portfolio honored with the top tier, Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star recognition, Melco leads among integrated resort operators in Asia. Melco’s four signature restaurants across Melco properties are honored by Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2021 with a collective total of seven Michelin-stars. With its growing international presence and approximately 20,000 colleagues globally, Melco actively contributes to the communities in which it operates. The Company values colleagues as the heart of the business and was named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” by HR Asia for two consecutive years (2019-2020). Furthermore, Melco has received numerous accolades for its contributions to the community, including being named winner of “Community Award – Asia” at 2020 Industry Community Awards and being voted “Socially Responsible Operator of the Year” at International Gaming Awards 2019.
As part of Melco, City of Dreams Mediterranean will be driven by the Company’s commitment to excellence. It is set to be a world-leading integrated resort and landmark for Cyprus and the wider region, offering a range of attractions and entertainment options including luxury accommodation, fine dining, recreation and MICE facilities. City of Dreams Mediterranean is set to boost tourism in Cyprus, attracting an additional 300,000 tourists annually and contributing significantly to alleviate seasonality. During the construction phase, City of Dreams Mediterranean is expected to create an estimated 4,000 local job opportunities, and approximately 2,500 permanent jobs once open.
Melco also operates Cyprus Casinos in Nicosia, Ayia Napa, Paphos, Larnaca and Limassol.
The Manager, HR (Hotel & Non-Gaming) represents management on matters of policy and in all relations with employees. Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding company HR policies & practices and local employment law and strengthens the employer-employee relationship through the identification and resolution of workplace issues, grievances and disciplinary matters. serves as the point of contact for assigned business leaders to implement effective Human Resources solutions to business issues, strategies and initiatives.
The Manager, HR (Hotel & Non-Gaming) serves as the point of contact for assigned business leaders to implement effective Human Resources solutions to business issues, strategies and initiatives.
- Oversees and assists in the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources services and the resolution of Human Resources issues arising at assigned clients
- Monitors and assists with the interpretation and enforcement of Human Resources policies and procedures applicable to assigned clients
- Provides effective leadership on Human Resources projects and initiatives with company-wide impact, particularly those in an area of expertise
- Takes opportunity to influence Human Resources and assigned client group strategies
- Identifies issues that require escalation
- Recommends changes and improvements in policies, strategies and initiatives in area of expertise
- Uses resourcefulness and creative thinking in applying analytical techniques and basic organization skills to evaluate defined alternatives and to develop recommended approaches to assigned problems
- Identifies and analyses trends related to recurring issues and recommends approaches to the resolution or amelioration of these issues
- Determines or recommends when and how to respond to breaches of approved Human Resources policies and procedures
- Interacts with the Human Resources team and with the management of each assigned client organization
- Recommends and / or executes management policies to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, discharge, re-assign or discipline employees
- Leads, motivates, and inspires team members to consistently deliver first-rate professional HR services to company employees and external stakeholders
- Conceives and implements systems, strategies and procedures to acquire, track, edit, store and manage the necessary documentation associated with the HR business process and the employment cycle
- Mediates conflicts within the workplace and fosters and promotes employee satisfaction, morale and retention
- Enforces the organization’s equal opportunities policy and maintains and promotes fair working practices for all employees
- Creates and maintains a positive working relationship with external stakeholders including the Department of Labor Inspection, Social Insurance Services and associated organizations and regulatory bodies
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Training Manager, and the HR Operations Manager to ensure a smooth integrated approach to all HR matters and drive the development of the company’s overall HR strategy
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in Human Resources in a large-scale Hotel organization (reduced to 5 years if the position was managerial)
- Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Hospitality Management or a related field
- Postgraduate degree or CIPD qualification
- Candidates without a postgraduate degree but with solid working experience will also be considered
- Very good HR generalist background
- Very good knowledge of local labor law
- Excellent command of the Greek & English language both written and spoken
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with HRIS systems necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal effectively with staff from senior management level on down
- Independent with high level of initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
To apply, please click here: Manager, HR (Hotel and Non-Gaming)300589