- Location cyprus,
- Experience 2 Years
- Position Officer
- Qualification Certificate
- Gender Both
- Industry for the position Research
- Company IBC Corporate Solutions
Offshore Monitoring Ltd (OSM) is a R&D company developing earth observation satellite and sensor technology services to commercial shipping and offshore oil/gas clients. We are part of an international group of companies represented in Europe/Asia/US/Caribbean offering flexible working location/hours with an entrepreneurial spirit involved in multiple spin-offs and start-ups. We are expanding and looking for legal personnel to support our team with his/hers advice. The Legal Officer will bring exceptional client service, a solution-oriented mind-set, and an ability to quickly learn about diverse areas of law to empower the small but with global reach organization to achieve its mission. This position will provide legal counsel and services to ensure that OSM including its international field offices and the broader partnership, is able to access opportunities, is in compliance with applicable laws, and is protected from legal and other external threats.
- In-House Legal Counsel and Services (part-time or full time option)
- Provide world-class, solution-driven legal counsel to operational departments to support agile decision-making and policy in critical areas of work including, but not limited to, fundraising, marketing, information technology, human resources, and finance/accounting; Great advantage is experience with the European Commission funding – FP7 and H2020.
- Assist in managing OSM’s portfolio of intellectual property rights worldwide, including asset registrations, licensing, and infringement issues; ensure that all OSM assets are protected, and that OSM’s policies and procedures related to other entities’ intellectual property are followed;
- Assist in developing efficient processes for the review, approval and management of contracts and other legally binding agreements to ensure OSM’s interests are protected; and
- Provide legal research, analysis, and recommendations as necessary.
- Assist with domestic and international registrations and filings to ensure that OSM is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where it operates;
- Collaborate with fundraising and accounting team to develop solutions that allow OSM to pursue innovative, high-yield fundraising initiatives, events, and partnerships in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and
- Draft and revise organization wide policies in collaboration with subject matter experts across OSM.
- Risk Management
- Assist in assessing enterprise risks and supporting team across OSM in monitoring risk;
- Research, analyse, and provide counsel on the applicability of developing laws and regulatory frameworks in countries where the OSM operates around the world
Required Skills and Experience
- LLM or equivalent, who either already has a license to practice law or is in process of acquiring one;
- The position is suitable for an entry-level attorney; 1-2 years’ work experience prior to or during law school preferred; Demonstrated interest in business law (e.g., contracts, governance, employment, tax); and
- learning how to serve as an in-house counsel (i.e., providing guidance to an organization and internal clients across the organization); Demonstrated excellence in legal research, legal analysis, and written and oral communication;
- Proactive, creative, solution-oriented approach to serving clients; and
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts preferred.
- An individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, and to build strong, healthy cross-functional relationships;
- Passion for seeking justice in a support capacity/behind the scenes;
- Demonstrated ability to drive toward creative solutions;
- Self-starter with strong initiative, high productivity and rigorous work ethic;
- Composure under pressure; and Ability to influence.
- Your application should contain a motivation letter (max 3-pages) and CV (max 2-pages) and e-mailed to [email protected] .