- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS International
Be part of our international team looking for professional growth, apply today and join our award-winning* company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Software Engineer to join our international team in Nicosia.
Our Software Engineers are responsible for coding, debugging, maintaining, supporting, implementing and validating applications whilst collaborating and communicating with appropriate parties. They further maintain and utilise application and programming documents in the development of code, recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing code for client software solutions using various tools and owning responsibility for quality assurance of their development
- Solving client software issues and supporting the client software life-cycle
- Performing corrective measures for complex code deficiencies and providing systemic proposals
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards
- Liaising with international clients in client facing meetings to determine solution approaches.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Oracle Database Development (e.g. PL/SQL), Oracle Performance Tuning and UNIX/Linux Operating Systems.
- Basic to intermediate technical skills in Microsoft Visio, Project, Visual Studio and VB.Net.
- Experience working on medium to large/complex data migration/conversion projects.
- Experience in end-to-end project implementation delivery.
- Knowledgeable with experience in the payment industry (issuing, acquiring, authorization, etc.)
- Able to travel to other office locations and client sites when necessary for 1-4 weeks to undertake payment scheme certifications, onsite installation and client training, user acceptance testing support, act as floor walker and software expert during client visitations.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, MIS, BCA, MCA, B Tech.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills, with an ability to present business concepts through presentations to clients.
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 27th May 2019. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- *Nominated for ‘Best Workplace’ at the IN Business Awards (Cyprus) 2018
- Named as Top 100 Global Technology leader by Thomson Reuters for 2018
- Recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, a leading business ethics think tank, as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the sixth time in seven years in 2018
- Named in Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018 List
- Received two honours at Card & Payments Awards 2018 (London)
For more information http://www.tsys.com/about-us/awards/
Every day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are “People-Centered Payments”, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people’s lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — TSYS may be the right place for you.