- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience Fresh
- Offered Salary €15,000 - €20,000
- Industry for the position Financial Services
- Contact Person SKAI
- Company SKAI CONSULTANCY LTD
Our client is a leading London based FCA regulated firm which provides financial derivatives in the form of CFDs, Spreads Bets or Margined FX. There is a broad range of Clients including small institutions, high net worth clients and retail clients, who form a large part of their business.
Our client is now expanding their operations in Nicosia, Cyprus under a CySeC license and are now ready to recruit for a Junior Tester.
This will be an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, looking to start a career in software development. They will work with cutting edge technologies, including Microsoft.NET, HTML5, iOS and Android systems.
The successful candidate will work in an agile environment, working day to day in a Scrum Team delivering high quality changes and enhancements for our Client. The role will involve testing on the Company’s range of technology systems used both internally by the Company’s teams and external systems used by the Company’s clients.
The Junior Tester will work closely with colleagues in the TQA and Engineering teams to verify that software developed for the Company’s customer trading platforms, internal systems, mobile apps and websites operate as designed. You will build technical expertise and product knowledge to carry out functional and regression testing using manual and automated test tools to improve the stability, performance and functionality of platforms, internal systems, mobile apps and websites.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Designs and executes testing of trading platforms (functional/GUI/regression)
- Presentation and Explanation of Test Results to Key stakeholders
- Documentation of test execution and results, capturing evidence to support results where required
- Keeping the Scrum Master informed of the results of the testing activities
- Contribute to sprint planning
- Work closely with the company’s Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues that arise during the testing of developed software
- Maintain and contribute to the regression test pack
- Create test scripts to company standards
- Ensure adherence to test processes
- Regularly visit the London office to support specific project implementations or to assist in requirements gathering and business analysis activities
The Ideal Candidate
- AS or A Level ( or equivalent) in an IT or Maths related subject at B grade or above or a Degree at 2:1 or above Note: If the degree is not IT/Maths based then we will still need an A or AS or in IT/Maths at B grade or above (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly
- Self-motivated, able to work off own initiative or as part of a team when required
- Ability to take ownership of work and escalate issues/impediments
- Forward thinking and innovative
- A logical thinker and good problem solver
- Enthusiasm to deliver quality
Preference will be given to candidates that have exposure to the following:
- MS Excel
- Scrum/Agile Methodologies
- Manual Testing
- Automated Test Tools (E.g. Selenium)
Please forward your CV/Application to [email protected] or call us on 22774424 for more details on how to apply.