- Location cyprus,
- Industry for the position Computer & Technology
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Software Engineer to join our international team in Nicosia, Cyprus. The successful candidate will be involved in the DevOps area by automating processes and delivering a modern lean path our software follows throughout the end to end pipeline, from development to production.
Working with our distributed team, you’ll be part of efforts to build, support and improve our tools for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, automated testing and release management.
You’ll also be involved in continuous improvement of our tooling and build process to speed up feedback loops and shorten delivery release cycles.
Technically, you will be involved in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration and will gain expertise in the tooling we use, such as Git, Jenkins, Argo CD, Harbor, Kubernetes, Docker and many more. You’ll also be involved in exploring new tools and technologies.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Understanding of the Software Development Cycle
- Knowledge and experience in Shell/Batch scripting
- Good working knowledge of JAVA (could be part of your BSc of MSc degree route)
- Cloud technologies and service providers
- Software Release management practices
- Knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English language, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work competently, accurately and professionally in a changeable & time critical environment and ultimately meet deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to gather and analyse information and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution. Detail oriented individual. Easily motivated with a solid work ethic
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and provide technical support on system and related technology issues
- Actively contribute with ideas and suggestions to improve both technical knowledge base and organizational processes.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 30th June 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.