Junior Software Engineer
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Software Engineer to join our Digital Modernization team in Nicosia, Cyprus. Both new graduates and seasoned professionals are of interest!
Our Software Engineers are responsible for coding, debugging, maintaining, supporting, implementing and validating applications whilst collaborating and communicating with appropriate parties. They will further maintain and utilise application and programming documents in the development of code, recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing code for TSYS Software independently or with support from Team Leader using various tools and owning responsibility for quality assurance of their development
- Solving client software issues and supporting the client software life-cycle
- Performing corrective measures for moderately complex code deficiencies and escalating alternative proposals as necessary
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, MIS, or related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in CI/CD tools, creating Docker Containers, Kubernetes development, managing Kubernetes applications will be considered an advantage
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 21.5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.