- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Research
- Company THE CYPRUS INSTITUTE
Interns and/or Research Technicians in High Performance Computing for the National HPC Competence Centre
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit science and technology-oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued by its four Research Centers: the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C).
The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC) of CyI invites applications for Interns and/or Research Technician (depending on qualifications and experience) who will actively contribute in HPC and AI related project tasks proposed by academic groups or industry partners from Cyprus. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the field of Computational Sciences and to actively contribute to the overall completion for the EuroCC Project.
Through this engagement and their collaboration with the NCC High Level Support Team, they will be able to successfully complete project tasks, gaining an understanding and expertise which will contribute in their career development.
In addition, the persons hired will have the opportunity to gain experience in an industrial practical-based environment.
The position will be on a full or part-time basis of a fixed term for a maximum duration of one year.
(Candidates applying through their Company please make sure to include this information in your Cover Letter).
- Bachelor Degree in sciences and engineering fields completed or expected by summer 2021
- Mathematical background
- Be familiar with at least one programming language, such as C/C++, Fortran, Python, R
- At least in the final year of BSc in applied science for Intern and at least a year of experience for Research Assistant
- Proficiency in oral and written English;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Computational or simulation background
- Experience in Data analytics/machine learning/AU techniques
- Knowledge of parallel programming paradigms (openMP, MPI, GPU programming)
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and a list of one referee (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Kyriacos Hadjiyiannakou ([email protected]) and/or Dr Jacob Finkenrath ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Dr Kyriacos Hadjiyiannakou and/or Dr Jacob Finkenrath
Reference number: CaSToRC_INEuroCC_21_01