- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Insurance
- Company Universal Life Insurance Public Co Ltd
Universal Life is looking to hire a legal professional at its Head Office in Nicosia, who will be providing legal, corporate governance and company secretariat services to the Company and its subsidiaries. This role will have considerable direct exposure to the Board of Directors and Senior Management of the company, therefore the successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual of impeccable integrity, discretion and professionalism.
Universal Life was the first insurance company to be founded in Cyprus after the local insurance legislation was enacted in 1970. As such the Company was instrumental in the development of the life insurance industry on the Island. UL is one of the largest insurance companies in Cyprus, possessing a special place in Cyprus’s services sector and is an employer of choice for aspiring and accomplished professionals.
Legal Advisory Services:
- Providing legal support and advice on a diverse range of legal related matters of the Company
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts, other legal agreements and documents
- Liaising with the Company’s external legal advisors and acting as the point person for all legal affairs
- Represent the Company in litigations together with external legal advisors and maintaining oversight of all Company cases brought before a Court
- Providing support and closely working with the Compliance department for identifying and advising on legal risks, compliance issues and implications
- Working alongside other departments within the Company and participating in various projects where legal expertise is required
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislation
Company Secretariat Services:
- Maintaining, managing, reviewing and further developing frameworks and procedures for the sound corporate governance of the Company.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate governance requirements and provide advice on related matters
- Attending the Board Meetings (including Board Committees) and preparing the minutes of Universal Life Insurance Public Co Ltd and of its Subsidiaries
- Filing with the Registrar of Companies any changes relating to the appointment or resignation of Directors of the Company and its Subsidiaries
- Informing the Superintendent of Insurance of any appointments or resignations of the Board of Directors of the Company
- Obtaining any certificates from the Registrar of Companies as may be required from time to time and dealing with any other whatever matters are considered necessary with the Registrar of Companies
- Maintaining the Company’s and its subsidiaries Shareholders Registers and dealing with shareholders’ queries
- Organizing the Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Dealing with all corporate actions (i.e. dividend payments, bonus issues, rights issues etc.)
- Informing the Cyprus Stock Exchange for any issues related to the Company and its subsidiaries and submitting any required documents
- Doing any other ad-hoc company secretariat work as required by Law
- University Degree in Law. Successful completion of the Cyprus Legal Council examinations will be considered an advantage
- Good knowledge and practice of corporate and contract law.
- Knowledge and experience in Insurance related law and regulations will be considered an advantage
- At least 3 years track record and experience in a legal role, preferably in the financial services and/or insurance sector
- High levels of professionalism and ethical standards
- Attention to detail and punctuality
- Self-motivation and the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages (verbal and written)
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Previous experience in regulated entities will be considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the insurance sector will be considered an advantage
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications plus other benefits like 13th Salary, Pension Fund and membership to the following Group Schemes which are offered by the Company to its permanent staff:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
Interested applicants must complete the online application form at https://career.unilife.com.cy/ by 12/7/2020.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.