- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Automotive
- Company Dickran Ouzounian & Co., Ltd
Dickran Ouzounian & Co. Ltd, distributors for TOYOTA & LEXUS in Cyprus, enjoying a leading position in the automotive industry, seeks to recruit a young dynamic and newly qualified accountant to be part of the Accounting Department for the position of Internal Audit & Accounting Officer to be based in Nicosia.
The newly qualified accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform the internal procedures over the business effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with applicable processes, policies and regulations.
- In cooperation with the Financial Controller define internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Perform risk assessment on key business activities and internal controls, identify potential gaps and suggest corrective measures to mitigate the risks.
- Perform physical audits, including cash counts, inventory, and fixed assets verifications.
- Prepare working papers, and issue internal audit reports in line with the annual plan.
- Perform any special review and investigation required, and report occurrences of non-compliance.
- Assist the accounting function and the processing of month end procedures required for the timely preparation of management accounts.
- Processing and accounting specific business transactions.
- Reviewing purchases, expenses and vendor settlements.
- Assist with the preparation of VIES, Intrastat and VAT forms.
- Perform any accounting and related administrative activities.
- University degree with grade 2:1 in Accounting, or in any related field.
- Newly Qualified (ACA / ACCA).
- Up to 5 years’ experience in internal or external audit. Preferably with a good understanding and experience with retail businesses.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong ability to prepare manuals and reports.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Pivot tables.
- Fluency in spoken and written Greek and English.
- Organizational and communication skills with multi-task ability.
An attractive remuneration package, including benefits will be offered to the successful candidate, according to qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] no later than 2 October 2020, quoting the job title “Internal Audit & Accounting Officer”.