- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience Fresh
- Industry for the position Research
- Company THE CYPRUS INSTITUTE
Intern for the CARE-C Instrumentation for Nanoparticle Synthesis and Characterization (INL)
Closing Date: 25/04/2021
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. The CyI, through its established research centres, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The CyI invites applications for Intern who will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through contributing to the activities of the Instrumentation for Nanoparticle and Nanomaterials Synthesis and Characterisation (INL) team.
The successful candidate will assist senior and junior researchers in the development of novel environmentally-friendly technological tools for synthesizing aerosol (nano)-particles for building novel materials that can be used in novel products including sensors, catalysts and anticorrosive emulsions. The successful candidate will work with state-of-the-art instruments for nanoparticle/nanomaterial synthesis and characterization, and in the analysis of the respective collected data.
The position will be on a full-time basis for a fixed term of six months, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds. After the completion of the internship the candidate will have the opportunity to enrol to a PhD project depending on the interest of the candidate. The successful candidate will be under the supervision of the Head of the INL of CARE-C.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- The development/testing/deployment of novel instruments and tools for synthesizing/characterising aerosol nanoparticles.
- The analysis of the data from the above mentioned instruments/tools. For this purpose, the successful candidate will be trained by CyI’s expert teams through hands-on activities/practices to obtain technical skills that are necessary to quality control the data produced.
- Experiments carried out in the INL for characterizing the properties of materials, under the guidance of senior researchers.
Master degree in one of the following:
- Electrical and/or Mechanical and/or Chemical and/or Aerospace Engineering
- Physics, Chemistry, Material Sciences
- Familiarity with instrumentation and characterization techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and writing
- High interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
1.K Preferred experience in technology-related research laboratories.
2.Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and measures relevant to lab/technical activities.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and a list of two (2) referee (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr George Biskos ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Contact person: George Biskos
Reference number: CARE-C_ININL_21_01