- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 3 Years
- Industry for the position Banking
- Company CareerFinders
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, The Bank of Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an experienced, talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer to join their expanding team of professionals in Nicosia. The successful applicant should have a relevant academic background in Computer Science or related field as well as a minimum of 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar capacity. This represents a fantastic and unique career opportunity for a passionate infrastructure engineer to join the leading banking and financial services group in Cyprus.
The Bank of Cyprus Group is the leading banking and financial services group in Cyprus, providing a wide range of financial products and services which include retail and commercial banking, finance, factoring, investment banking, brokerage, fund management, private banking, life and general insurance. The Bank of Cyprus Group operates through a total of 108 branches in Cyprus, of which 11 operate as cash offices. Bank of Cyprus also has representative offices in Russia, Ukraine and China. The Bank of Cyprus Group employs 3664 staff worldwide. At 30 September 2019, the Group’s Total Assets amounted to €21.1 bn and Total Equity was €2.5 bn. The Bank of Cyprus Group comprises Bank of Cyprus Holdings Public Limited Company, its subsidiary Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Develop, test, install, configure and troubleshoot infrastructure hardware and software.
- Create, update and maintain documentation, diagrams and other detailed instructions.
- Install, update and maintain hardware and software to the latest releases, patches, etc.
- Implement, operate, maintain and manage infrastructure components and services.
- Implement security and/or management tools and practices across infrastructure components and services.
- Perform design and analysis for new solutions and technologies.
- Design and test recovery procedures for the components and ensure that data and configurations are backed up based on the backup and recovery policy, including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity scenarios.
- Ensure that logs of servers, systems, appliances, services, and other components, are recorded, maintained, and analysed for problem resolution, capacity planning.
- Investigates, diagnoses and resolves technical issues relevant to his / her area of responsibility, within the set and agreed SLAs.
- Provide onsite or remote third level support, within the set framework and agreed SLAs.
- Escalates issues to his/her Senior Engineer and/or Unit Area Manager where necessary in due time.
- Executes any other activities assigned to him/her, that falls within and are relevant to his / her area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering field.
- 3 + years of relevant industry, field experience preferably in the Banking industry or in a large organization.
- Significant knowledge of technologies, solutions and trends and deep interest in keeping up to date with technological developments.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, technology and service-oriented practices.
- Expertise in developing and implementing technical standards and policies.
- Knowledge of IT and Information Security regulatory requirements for the Banking industry or for a large organization.
- Solid knowledge and working experience with Linux environments and basic knowledge of middleware technologies such as containers, web application servers, integration bus and message queues will be considered a significant advantage.
- Solid knowledge and working experience with Microsoft cloud-oriented products such as Azure, Office 365 and Intune will be considered a significant advantage.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication in both Greek & English.
- Organisational skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time, workload and multiple tasks.