Health & Safety Officer
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Position Officer
- Industry Construction
- Experience 1 Year
- Contact Email [email protected]
We are seeking to recruit Health & Safety Officers to provide on-site specialist advice and supervision to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety legislation.
YNB Health and Safety Officers and Consultants perform the critical role of assisting our clients in managing their health & safety commitments and legal obligations.
They work as one of the “Competent Persons” on behalf of YNB, ensuring that the highest standards of professional client service are delivered.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor and control all H&S matters related with project team members and contractors in ensuring that the Project is in compliance with the project requirements i.e. specification, safety code and other policies/guidelines related to the project
- Ensure that Project is executed in compliance with H&S Management Plan, H&S Management Procedure, Potential Risk Register, Potential Risk Mitigation Plan, H&S Audit Plan/Procedure and any other H&S related documents
- Prepare and review task specific safety method statements
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- University degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or MSc in H&S
- Additional Health & Safety certification/qualifications (e.g. NEBOSH IGC) will be considered an advantage
- Proven experience as H&S practitioner shall be considered an advantage
- Previous experience in construction sites shall be considered an advantage
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Greek
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications i.e, Word, Excel, PowerPoint