- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 3 Years
- Position Others
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Offered Salary €15,000 - €20,000
- Gender Both
- Industry for the position Education
- Contact Person Lilian Tourapi
- Company The English School
The English School invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Greek Teacher- Maternity Cover (December 2020-June 2021)
- Degree in Modern Greek or other relevant degree
- Teaching experience in teaching lower school, Non-Native speakers groups, IGCSE, IAL, and A Level Modern Greek.
- Holder of relevant PGCE would be preferred
- Excellent spoken and written command of the English Language
- Teaching experience in a similar School will be considered an advantage
- To offer professional teaching of his/her subject to the pupils of the School
- To contribute to the efficient running of the department of which s/he is a member
- To communicate appropriately with parents to strengthen the home/school partnership
- To contribute to the overall educational life of the School
- To maintain and update his/her awareness in his/her teaching area
- To teach classes of pupils as directed by the Head Teacher for the number of teaching periods specified in his/her contract and taking into account any reduction of periods resulting either from an agreement in force or from a post of responsibility.
- To prepare material for classes diligently and to mark pupils’ work regularly; this will inevitably require the teacher to work outside the normal hours of work of the School.
- To set and mark tests, internal examinations, and coursework as specified by departmental policy.
- To attend parent/teacher consultation meetings for all the classes taught and to give constructive verbal reports on pupils in their classes
- To write reports upon all pupils taught, as required by School policy.
- To take all possible steps to ensure that pupils develop good habits and positive attitudes.
- To maintain effective records of teaching, attendance, and pupils’ attainment and progress.
- To be a constructive and professional member of one or more departments, attending departmental meetings as required, contributing to the development of departmental policy and practices, and undertaking such aspects of departmental administration as shall be reasonably asked by the Head of Department.
Full details of the post can be found on the School’s website: www.englishschool.ac.cy
Completed applications and a letter of application ONLY to be submitted electronically via the employment online form, which can be found on the School’s website
For any queries please contact the Human Resources Manager on 22 799 515
Closing date for completed applications to reach the School by 12.00 noon, Friday 27th November 2020
Note: The English School, Nicosia is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate criminal records checks. Questions regarding safeguarding of children will be asked during the interview.
Any canvassing will disqualify