- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 2 Years
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Industry for the position Writing and Editing
- Company Διεθνής Ομοσπονδία Θαλασσαιμίας
The Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) is a patient-orientated, non-profit, non-governmental umbrella federation, established in 1986 with Headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus. Our mission is to promote access to optimal quality care for all patients with thalassaemia worldwide. To-date membership boasts 232 members from 64 countries across the globe. For more information, please visit www.thalassaemia.org.cy
We have an exciting opportunity for immediate employment at TIF Headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus for the position of “Grant Writer”. The successful applicant will join a highly qualified and motivated team and be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process, managing proposals and maintaining a donor database. We thus invite candidates with knowledge and expertise in project design and management to apply and write with a purpose.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grant Writer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents;
- Researching, collecting data, and writing each grant;
- Working with senior staff members to compile financials and data;
- Managing the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials;
- Developing and maintaining a proposal calendar;
- Coordinating and performing follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals;
- Developing an annual grants strategy;
- Conducting prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants;
- Performing other duties, as assigned, to support the daily operations of TIF Office.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union who enjoys full rights as a citizen, attested by a recent extract from judicial records and/or certificate of good conduct;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by national law on military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the required duties.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Education, Biology or other related field.
- Desired experience: At least 2 years in a similar role.
- Any previous experience in professional writing and/or achievement in grant acquisition will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of Greek and English.
- Working command of another EU language would be a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Top-shelf research skills;
- Ability to understand the needs of both TIF in need of funding and the organisation that is offering the grant money;
- Great organisational skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding computer skills;
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions;
ARE YOU INTERESTED? CONTACT US!
Please send your CV (with a clear description of education and professional experience) and cover letter (with a list of funding programmes of your expertise and relevant achievements) to [email protected] The cover letter should be addressed to Dr Androulla Eleftheriou, TIF Executive Director. Please quote in application: “Grant Writer at Thalassaemia International Federation HQs – Cyprus – [Your Name]”
Only correctly and fully completed applications, received by email, will be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday, 22 January 2020.
TIF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.