Executive Chef – Sunwing Sandy Bay Beach Resort and Ocean Beach Club
- Contact Email [email protected]
We believe holidays help our customers become their better selves – energized and enriched. Achieving that sense of well-being is like finding you own wave in an ocean of possibilities.
Some people want to relax, others to get out and explore and others still just like to reflect and recharge. It doesn’t matter if they’re travelling on their own, with a partner, friends or in a group, we go the extra mile to ensure everyone finds their own wave.
Our vision is to deliver the best weeks of the year, with fulfilled expectations, unique experiences and wonderful memories.
Our guests shall have us first in mind and first in choice when planning for vacation.
Our people are promised to have fun, development and rewards for a good job done.
If you’re ready to join a success story, then we invite you to explore the chance for a career with us.
Sunwing Sandy Bay Beach Resort and Ocean Beach Club offer an exciting and developing environment where you get the opportunity for an internal development and career. As an employee, you will receive unique benefits as we think it is of high importance to productivity and commitment. We also have a high level of employee involvement, which is reflected year after year in our internal employee survey. Our people love their jobs and are now looking forward to welcoming a new colleague on board to join the journey as Executive Chef!
Under the general guidance of the Resort Manager provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel’s kitchen to maximise guest satisfaction and food profitability. Effectively monitor the daily operations of the respective outlets, including support and guidance to ensure success and effective operation. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan, and the NLTG’s corporate guidelines, and service concepts.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Manage all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
- Plan and organize in cooperation with the F&B Service successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and abroad.
- Keep an up-dated hotel policies and procedures file.
- Ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, empowering and motivating all co-workers in kitchen
- Take responsibility of the recruitment process and staffing needs.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Conduct probation and performance appraisal in line with Hotel’s guidelines.
- Maintain up to date staff records and approve leave requests.
- Determine with the Purchasing Officer the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material, and equipment.
- Work with Finance and Resort Manager in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of all company’s policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within the company’s guidelines and ensure all direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid, fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Liable on the correct, proper, and continuous well-being of all machinery and equipment, responding immediately with correct actions in solving relevant challenges.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP, audits, quality checks to ensure best practices are always met by all staff members.
To be successful and thrive in this position it’s important that you are a strong leader. Since you will lead a very competent team, it’s crucial that you are good at coordinating many employees and that you can easily adapt your leadership to different needs. You are used to setting individual goals and work closely with each team member through frequent one-to-one meetings. You thrive in an environment where everybody works together and strive to achieve the same goal. You love to build great culture and create motivation and engagement within the organization.
Other than your focus on leadership and your team member’s individual development, you will also give your advisement and support in complex matters and together with your closest peers work for improvements and streamlining of work processes.
We are looking for you who have
- Understanding the business and work within the budget frame
- Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in the culinary arts is preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a kitchen management role, preferably with an international 5* hotel chain
- International experience is preferred
- Banqueting experience is preferred
- Greek – excellent communication skills
- English – very good communication skills
- Additional language – beneficial
As a person you are a problem-solver and have the ability to prioritize under uncertainty, and constant change. You have a hands-on attitude and the ability to work both strategically as well as operationally. You have the planning and organizational skills to coordinate workload within the team and handle multiple assignments at the same time. You are a team player in all respects.
Start: January 2022
Work extent: Full-time
Location: Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Applicants should send their recent resume and cover letter before 28th of October to [email protected]