- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 8 Years +
- Industry for the position Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Company Power Energy Cyprus
Power Energy Cyprus (PEC) with consideration to the increasing energy consumption demand and to the planned electricity market liberalization, has acquired all the necessary permits and begun construction of a state-of-the-art Combined Cycle Power Plant in Mari Area, Limassol, Cyprus. The Power Station is anticipated to be in full operation by summer 2021 and is projected to be in line with the arrival of LNG on the island.
Mari Power plant will use the latest technology in power generation. It will be a gas fired combined cycle power plant but will also be operated with diesel if necessary. The 260 MW Power Station will contribute to the reduction of electricity cost for end-users and will serve the Group plan for becoming a leading Energy Supplier in the Island.
PEC and Cyfield,, are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Electrical and I&C Engineering Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering and Project Director and will be part of the Project Management Team. This is a staff position based in Nicosia for the engineering phase. Relocation to Mari, Limassol will be required for the later part of the project, mainly during Commissioning phase. Potential long term management position during Operation and Maintenance Phase.
- Responsible for Electrical and I&C Engineering Coordination between all involved parties (Owners Engineer, OEM, vendors etc)
- Ensure engineering compliance with applicable industry and international/local standards as well as incorporation of lessons learned and best practices into the design
- Provide technical support during all execution phases
- Assist the Procurement and Quality Department
- Being involved to erection, commissioning and start-up of the Plant and associated facilities
Education and Qualifications:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with solid Energy Projects experience
- Extensive project execution experience (10 years), preferable including engineering, construction and commissioning in the Energy industry
- Previous Experience as Engineering Coordinator and Commissioning lead Engineer for at least one similar project.
- Leading position of international, multi-disciplinary team experience preferred
- Strong multi-disciplinary knowledge and technical problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to convey complex technical information in concise,
- Ability to travel and participate in monthly meetings, FATs and milestones achievement confirmation
Attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Health Care and other benefits depending on position. Excellent working conditions in a professional environment. Career advancement opportunities. All applications will be treated confidentially and those which meet the requirements shall be replied to. Applicants should send their CV by email to [email protected], stating the job position they are applying for by 12th of May 2019.