- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Position Officer
- Industry for the position Nonprofit Organization Management
- Company War Child
Children have the right to grow up in peace, free from fear and violence. To develop their full potential and become the person they want to be. War Child makes a lasting impact. By protecting children from violence and offering psychosocial support and education. We unleash the children’s inner strength with our creative and involving approach. And inspire as many people as we can to participate in our cause. War Child is both implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organizations in 17 countries around the world. www.warchildholland.org
War Child is looking for:
‘Education Officer’ based in Nicosia, Cyprus
War Child Holland (WCH) is an international non-governmental organization that works exclusively to improve the well-being and resilience of children and youths affected by violence and armed conflict. From its branch in Cyprus, WCH and its partners support children affected by the conflict in Syria through an integrated mix of child protection, education and psychosocial support interventions, while working closely with their caregivers, families and wider communities for maximum and durable impact.
We are seeking to strengthen our team and we are currently seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate Education Officer to join our dynamic team of professionals dedicated to helping children and their families positively deal with the consequences of being exposed to armed conflict.
As our Education Officer you will be responsible for delivering remote capacity building to partners, supporting the Education Advisor in monitoring implementation quality and advising partner staff & coaches on the implementation of Education programming.
You will be part of the Programme Development team reporting to the Education Advisor and you will collaborate closely with the Programme Implementation team.
Efficient reporting and documentation:
- Support the Education Advisor in monitoring the technical quality of implementation, ensuring regular communication with partner organisations and field coaches.
- Deliver reports and analysis and on activities, capacity building activities, evaluation of courses, capacity of partners, and advise on areas for follow up / additional training needs.
Effective capacity building:
- Deliver training and capacity building sessions to partners via Webex on War Child Education approaches and materials (curriculum, teacher skills such as positive discipline, teaching multi-level classrooms, and conducting effective assessments).
- Develop relationships with partner focal points in a coaching/mentoring role, to expand Education programming knowledge, education implementation within partner organisations and staff.
- Support in the development of Education capacity building plans at project kick-off and through regular partner reviews.
Expanding networks and coordination:
- Keep up to date on the context and explore other trainings that are available in and outside of War Child.
- Attend coordination meetings when requested and participate in War Child global Education working groups.
- Relevant Degree
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience of delivering training (remotely if possible) and a strong understanding of adult learning pathways
- Proven facilitation skills
- Previous Education programming experience in an NGO (ideally non-formal or emergency response), teacher supervision, school or network administration is preferable.
- Previous experience working with children/refugees/vulnerable populations also preferable.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (both spoken and written communication skills)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Attention to detail with strong follow up
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently
- A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
- A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
- Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
Job Location – Nicosia, Cyprus
Contract – The contract for is for at least 1 year with the intention to prolong. This is a national position based within the EU with national local conditions.
Salary – Grade D (Eur 1, 527 – Eur 2, 310 gross per month)
How to apply – Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their CV and a short cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: https://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/165175/apply
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.