- Location cyprus,
- Industry for the position Information Technology and Services
- Company TSYS, A Global Payments Company
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning company!
An opportunity has arisen for a DevOps Engineer to join our PRIME Technology team in Nicosia. Working with our distributed team, the successful candidate will have a part in efforts to build, support and improve our tools for Continuous Integration, automated testing and release management throughout the complete software development cycle. He/She will also be involved in evaluating new tools as well as in applying continuous improvement on our existing tools and build pipelines. Technically, the successful candidate will be versed in DevOps tools with focus on AWS.
The successful candidate will play a role in taking the current state and tools to the next step by automating as much as possible from the existing processes.
Essential requirements for the role:
• 1+ year of application development experience
• Knowledge and experience in Shell scripting
• Good knowledge of Oracle database administration: installation, database creation and managing database objects, database performance tuning
• Proven ability to use a code repository (preferably SVN) from the command line and/or from a GUI tool
• Ability to debug complicated script sequences.
Desired Requirements for the role:
• PRIME Systems Architecture and Design: understanding of database structure and code base of the various products
• Experience in PRIME systems configurations and settings
• Knowledge of DevOps tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, Docker etc.)
• Knowledge of AWS platform and services.
The successful candidate should also have the following experience and skills:
• Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
• Good communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English language, both verbally and in writing, and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues
• Ability to work competently, accurately and professionally in a changeable & time critical environment and ultimately meet deadlines
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills – ability to gather and analyze information and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution. Detail oriented individual. Easily motivated with a solid work ethic
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and provide technical support on system and related technology issues
• Actively contribute with ideas and suggestions to improve both technical knowledge base and organizational processes.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
TSYS also offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
To apply, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system by 29th May 2020. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
TSYS is a leading global provider of seamless, secure and innovative solutions to payment card issuers — financial institutions and retail companies — in approximately 80 countries worldwide. With nearly 200 clients, and more than 638 million traditional accounts on file, TSYS succeeds by putting people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment possibilities. It’s an approach TSYS calls People-Centered Payments®. TSYS is a Global Payments company (NYSE: GPN), tsys.com.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments technology company delivering innovative software and services to our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently across a variety of channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.