Consultant – Credit Risk Measurement – RiskMatrix Limited
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Position Officer
- Contact Email [email protected]
We are looking for a Consultant – Credit Risk Measurement.
We are interested in hearing from you either if you are a recent graduate with a strong qualification in a numerate subject, or if you have had one or more jobs and have substantial hands-on credit risk modelling experience. You must also satisfy the criteria we outline in the “Who you are” section below.
Who we are:
We are the Credit Analytics Division of RiskMatrix. RiskMatrix are Moody’s Analytics Elite partner based in Larnaca, Cyprus. We provide our client-banks with analytical solutions to their credit risk measurement and management needs. Our core client base is in Greece, Cyprus and the Middle East; with a small team of exceptional people, RiskMatrix has built this client base to over 150 customers. Moody’s has recently expanded our territory to include Eastern Europe, India and Sri Lanka due to our success in our core patch.
What we do:
We focus on credit risk measurement and management. We develop models, validate other people’s models, help banks implement rating and portfolio models, governance frameworks, risk appetite frameworks and pricing models. We are specialists in helping banks meet capital regulations (the Internal Ratings-Based regime), accounting rules (IFRS 9), stress testing requirements and internal capital adequacy assessments.
To make our customers successful by delivering exceptional value while providing a great working environment for our team.
Our values and culture:
Our core values centre around our customers and our team. We believe that this approach is symbiotic; a motivated, committed and passionate team will provide great services for our customers, delivering high quality work with integrity through great teamwork. And the successes this approach results in, feedback to make a happy team. We are constantly looking to improve, so creativity and innovation also feature as core values. While our work is challenging and the existing team highly committed to successful delivery, we do not have a “work all the hours it takes” culture. We can therefore support a more balanced relationship between work and personal life.
Who you are:
You love a challenge and that feeling of success when you figure out a truly difficult problem or overcome significant obstacles. You love to learn new things and be presented with opportunities and the need to be constantly developing. You want to work in a place that will allow you to develop quickly, that provides the opportunities and challenges that will keep your career developing.
You have the following attributes:
- (for experienced applicants) a good understanding of credit risk measurement and management gained from relevant work experience;
- good quantitative analysis skills. Much of our work involves the use of statistical and other mathematical tools and you will need a broad analytical background to understand and use these. Our focus is on providing meaning to data, and while we would expect you to have a strong foundation in these analytical approaches, we also expect that you will have the ability to quickly learn new techniques as the need arises;
- strong programming skills, particularly in the areas of data manipulation, transformation and data cleaning. We use R, SQL and Excel as our main programming and data manipulation tools, but we take the view that a good programmer can learn a new language quickly;
- excellent academic qualifications, at a minimum a good honours degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, data science, finance or engineering;
- excellent communication skills. You will need to be able to communicate with senior managers within our clients, both verbally and in writing. You will therefore need to be fluent in English and have excellent writing skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and succinct manner;
- be a great problem solver with strong logical reasoning and critical reasoning skills. You will need to be able to bring meaning out of data and see any anomalies. You will need to be able to form strong arguments and robust conclusions based on your observations and information gained from data and our customers;
- have good motivation, time management and self-management skills. We expect each member in our team to be driven and to take initiative ensuring that all deliverables are completed to a high standard in a timely manner;
- be happy working within a team, collaborating with colleagues and enhancing the team overall performance. Equally, you will also need to be comfortable working on your own;
- ensure that all your work is delivered to a very high quality, often within tight deadlines; you will need the resilience to handle the pressure of tough assignments and challenging customers;
We develop credit risk models, validate other people’s models, help banks implement rating and portfolio models, governance frameworks, risk appetite frameworks and pricing models. We are specialists in helping banks meet capital regulations (the Internal Ratings-Based regime), accounting rules (IFRS 9), stress testing requirements and internal capital adequacy assessments
The successful candidate will play a key role in the delivery of these services for our clients. The duties are therefore varied and driven by the specific needs of our customers.
Example tasks (for a typical model development) comprise:
- Review and cleaning of our client’s customer data (data wrangling);
- Construction of a dataset for use in model development;
- Using insights from the data, and building on our client’s expertise, to construct a model to assess the credit risk of our client’s customers;
- Optimising and calibrating the model so that it provides robust measures of default risk (Machine Learning/Statistical Inference);
- Validating the model;
- Implementing the model into Moody’s CreditLens environment.
The position is based in Larnaca, Cyprus, and will involve some travelling within the countries in the region that we cover. You must have a valid employment permit to work in Cyprus, or be eligible to work in the EU without a work permit.
Please forward your cv together with an application letter to: [email protected].
Applications must be in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.