Compliance Associate (5906)
- Contact Person Scott Gray
- Contact Email [email protected]
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a market-leading and rapidly expanding technology-driven provider of eMoney, Payments and Identity Verification solutions to clients across the globe, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Associate to join their team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for ensuring Compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: AML/CTF, ABAC, Information security, data privacy and audit requirements. You will hold some previous experience within a similar compliance-related role and should have an interest in the Financial Services sector. Fluency in English (Written & Spoken) is a must.
- Ensuring Compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: AML/CTF, ABAC, Information security, data privacy and audit requirements.
- Administration of the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and card scheme compliance.
- Undertake due diligence procedures for the onboarding of clients (KYC).
- Ensuring merchants are on-boarded according to company policies and procedures.
- Process applications for the opening of new client accounts into the company’s systems for the Purpose of ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC).
- Client Liaison for the purposes of requesting, gathering and checking completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required as per Company Procedures.
- Verifying the data, documentation / information for purpose of including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases.
- Identification of significant controllers and beneficial owners.
- Identifying and verifying that merchants hold appropriate licensing to operate in their stated industry sectors, particularly those that are sensitive to AML/CFT risks, which may include but is not limited to: licensing status; geographical location and regulatory limitations or enforcement, sanctions imposed and politically exposed persons in control; Industry type; business credibility.
- Ensuring client status recorded is up-to-date throughout the client lifecycle from on-boarding through to termination.
- Perform the periodic KYC reviews of client accounts.
- Amend existing clients accounts in compliance systems.
- Updating clients’ records in compliance folders.
- Receive and review documents and handle filing administration.
- Communication with and support of other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Math, Sciences, Law or another related field.
- An interest in Financial Services.
- Experience in client on-boarding, KYC / customer due diligence.
- An understanding of financial crime risks including: money laundering; terrorist financing, fraud or scams.
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral).
- Time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments within the company or externally with clients and business partners.