- Location cyprus,
- Experience 1 Year
- Position Others
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Industry for the position Education
- Contact Person Laura Molina
- Company Soil Foodweb School LLC
The CLP Mentor will guide students through the CLP to become Certified Lab-Technicians. A successful Mentor will ensure that students transition smoothly and swiftly through the program and that the level of competence attained by the students meets all the criteria defined by the Soil Food Web School. This role is key to the organization’s mission, which is: To empower people to bring the soils in their communities back to life, by offering a comprehensive education in the science of the Soil Food Web.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
A CLP Mentor will:
- Mentor students in the CLP program by conducting one-on-one, remote, hour-long sessions. Each session is structured and covers specific topics related to microscopy, including identifying and counting organisms.
- Prepare their students to successfully complete the Microscopy Proficiency Assessments and become Certified Lab-Techs by ensuring their students master all of the instructional material.
- Ensure that their students are making satisfactory progress through the CLP program as outlined in the CLP standard operating procedures and policies. Report progress problems to the CLP Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate records of all student sessions including making note of their students’ level of mastery of required skills.
- Give constructive feedback to students to improve their skills.
- Keep a record of all conversations and interactions with students, including recording mentoring sessions.
- Keep students focused, in sessions, on the material being taught. Direct students to do research, on their own time, on subjects that are outside of the scope of the program.
- Ensure that their students’ questions on the CLP subject matter are being answered as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Refer difficult questions to the CLP Coordinator or to the Head of Science, to ensure that all information given to the students is accurate.
- Look for ways to improve the current system and make suggestions to the CLP Coordinator
- Follow all CLP policies and procedures.
- Follow all company rules including safety rules and immediately report any workplace injury to your manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A qualified candidate will be a Soil Foodweb School Certified Consultant or Certified Lab-Tech with a minimum of 1 year of post-certification experience or have a degree in Biology/a related field such as Horticulture. Qualified candidates could also have a college degree in an unrelated field combined with experience in Soil Foodweb practices. Previous experience with microscopy is highly desirable.
- The candidate must:
- commit to completing the Foundation Courses and the CLP program within the first 3 months of employment with passing scores.
- have effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- have access to a reliable, high-speed internet connection.
- have access to a quiet office space to conduct remote sessions with students.
- be proficient with using a Windows operating system computer.
- be proficient in the use of word processing software and spreadsheets such as Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- be able to work harmoniously with students, coworkers, supervisors and others while meeting required deadlines.
- be able to work under minimal supervision.○ be able to perform job duties while working under pressure and deadlines.
- A candidate with the ability to speak multiple languages is highly desirable.
Interested applicants should forward their CV to [email protected].
All applications will be processed with complete confidentiality.311251