- Location cyprus, famagusta
- Experience 3 Years
- Position Others
- Qualification Associate Degree
- Gender Both
- Industry for the position Hospitality
- Company Kanika Hotels Ltd
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Bars Manager to take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of service within our bars and lounges, creating fantastic memories for our guests. You will support in ensuring that the bar team is inspired to achieve up selling targets and assist the Bar Manager in managing departmental manpower and operating costs in line with budgets.
What we expect from you:
- To manage the business aspects of the bar
- To oversee the service of beverages within the bars and maintain overall responsibility of beverage service throughout the hotel
- To take responsibility for stock control, including ordering of stock and stock rotation
- To take responsibility of the direction, supervision, performance, training, and evaluation of all positions within the department.
- To communicate critical information to the Bar staff regarding each event and ensuring the successful operation of each event by focusing on each and every detail in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- To emphasize on guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- To delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- To perform the role of duty manager while on shift when required and deal with any issues that might arise during the shift
- To ensure breaks are organised in accordance with fluctuations in the volume if work
- To oversee the bar display to maximize functionality and attractiveness
- To understand very well the Bar Service Sequence and can train the team to perform accordingly
Qualifications and Experience:
- Leaving Certificate from a High School or Technical School (Preferably graduate of a Hospitality School)
- Working experience of at least 3 years at a similar position of a 4 or 5 * Hotel
- A very good knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Up selling techniques to maximize department’s revenue
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Greek and English language is a must in order to effectively communicate with guests, associates and vendors
- A comprehensive knowledge using the Point of Sale system
- EU citizen or an EU work permit holder
Apply with confidence at www.kanikahotels.com/careers