Assistant Accountant (5876)
- Contact Person Caroline Rafferty
- Contact Email [email protected]
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International Group of Companies with diverse business interests, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their expanding team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will play in key role within the accounting and finance team of the Group and will therefore possess approximately 3+ years of relevant accounting and bookkeeping experience. You will ideally hold an academic background relating to Accounting/Finance or hold an accounting certification such as the LCCI Higher. Fluency in English (Written & Spoken) is a must.
- Maintaining accounting records for the Group’s companies.
- Cash management for the group companies. Creation and posting of payments, loans and deposits; following up on the cash requirements of the group, ensuring new loans are drawn on time and deposits renewed.
- Posting credit/debit cards and petty cash relating entries to the accounting system.
- Filing (digital and physical), mailing, and other duties as needed.
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports for management.
- Assist finance team in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings, and annual audits.
- Assist finance team in preparation of income tax and VAT returns.
- Any other duties allocated by the Finance Manager.
- Approximately 3+ years of relevant experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Excellent command of the English language (Written & Spoken).
- LCCI Higher or similar qualification and/or Diploma/Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel.
- Good maths skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Strong common sense, ability and willingness to learn new things.
- Be able to work independently, with ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. High levels of commitment with a drive to deliver results under pressure.