- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Financial Services
- Company Vacancies on Behalf of Our Clients-KPMG Limited
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a new alternative investment fund manager (AIFM) incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Cyprus and authorized by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, to be based at our client’s premises in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and supporting various Anti-Money Laundering (AML) processes, which might include suspicious activity investigations and reporting, currency transaction reporting, global sanctions screening, enhanced due diligence or other AML processes. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and monitoring all procedures, conveying updates on any industry-relevant legislative changes to Cyprus client as well as detecting risks, trends and potential suspicious activities related to money laundering. More specifically, the successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Reviewing system generated alerts to assess presence of illicit activity that may require reporting based on Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/AML requirements, conduct research as required, and document detailed results in written format;
- Drawing up suspicious activity reports, files Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s);
- Addressing sanctions alerts, and other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations and time limitations;
- Escalating issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis;
- Building and maintaining awareness of the broader context and implications of the various types of risk affecting the business (e.g., financial, legal, reputation, etc.)
- Validating quality of draft Suspicious Activity Reports via FinCEN Software for various business units (AML Operations, Auto Lending, Savings, Information Security).
- University degree in Law, Accounting, Finance, Business or a relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a an AML officer in a CIF/ CYSEC regulated firm
- Experience in the AML processes in a regulated institution
- Experience in research, reviewing and creating legal documentations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of CBC directives and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of both the Greek and the English languages
- PC Literate (MS Office)
- Attention and task-oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet strict deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast moving/ constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and development skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivator, proactive approach and ability to work independently
- Diligent, trustworthy and a professional individual
An attractive remuneration package, will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience, including an annual performance-related bonus, full medical insurance and other benefits.
People and Change Services
For further information regarding the vacancy and the application process, please visit KPMG Limited’s website at www.kpmg.com.cy (“Careers” / “Vacancies on behalf of Clients”) or apply by clicking here.
T: 22 209 000, F: 22 513 294, E: [email protected]
Submission of applications no later than 30th October 2018.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.