- Location cyprus, nicosia
- Industry for the position Legal Services
- Company KiteHR
On behalf of our client, an established, well respected and expanding law firm based in Nicosia, we are seeking an experienced and suitably qualified Advocate to deliver legal counsel covering a general scope of cases.
This role requires a diligent and capable professional with the motivation and commitment to provide sound legal advice & representation, and a ‘hands-on’ approach when managing a portfolio of legal cases including court proceedings, corporate & financial transactions and civil cases.
Able to independently manage clients this role requires an attentive and proactive Advocate who can deal with requests & instruction and execute transactions competently whilst remaining effective under pressure.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Prepare all documents required to file cases.
- Independently handle civil court cases / litigation of general scope.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements and manage transactions, including cross border, through to completion.
- Participate in legal due diligence.
- Provide legal opinion and counsel on corporate, financial & trust matters.
- Coordinate with overseas based legal firms for any joint transactional cases.
Your Experience & Knowledge
- University Law Degree. LPC, BAR or LLM will be considered an additional advantage.
- Ideally 5-6 years plus hands-on experience handling civil court cases / litigation.
- Proven experience drafting/reviewing/negotiating commercial agreements.
- Commercial litigation and banking litigation will be considered an additional advantage.
- Past experience in legal aspects of capital markets/funds/trusts shall be considered an additional advantage.
- Experience of using Zygos application will be also considered an additional advantage.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Excellent oral and written command of Greek and English language.
- Driving license and vehicle.
- 13th Salary
- Discretional bonus payments based on performance.
- BAR Association annual practicing fee paid.
- Excellent health insurance coverage, 50% paid by employer.
- Endorsement and funding for professional seminars.
- Career advancement supported.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to [email protected], stating the position title in your email header.
Due to volumes only successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. By forwarding your CV to KiteHR you are consenting to be contacted for this position.