Academic Staff Vacancies
UCLan Cyprus University will be employing new Academic Staff to begin in September 2022.
Appointments are required at various grades in the following areas:
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
- 1.0 Lecturer / 1.0 Assistant Professor in Business Management and Strategy
- 0.5 to 1.0 Lecturer in Educational Leadership
- 1.0 Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- 1.0 Lecturer in Innovative Marketing Communications
SCHOOL OF LAW
- 1.0 Lecturer in International Economic and Financial Law
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- 1.0 Assistant Professor in Sport and Exercise Sciences with specialisation in Sports Performance and Rehabilitation.
- 1.0 Assistant Professor in Psychology with specialisation in Developmental and Educational Psychology.
- 1.0 Lecturer / 1.0 Assistant Professor in Data Analytics, preferably with specialisation in Business Intelligence and experience with predictive and prescriptive modelling techniques.
- 1.0 Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with specialisation in Power Systems, Renewable Energy Systems, or Power Electronics.
Applicants for the above positions should hold a PhD (or have submitted their thesis and are awaiting their viva) with a proven record of research achievement and have demonstrable experience of delivering teaching in Higher Education. A professional qualification in their field of expertise will be considered an advantage. Experience in CPD and professional training will be considered an advantage. Fluency in English is essential for the positions. These are 3-year positions in the first instance.
The University is also seeking experienced part-time Associate Lecturers, qualified professionals and Visiting Teaching Fellows to contribute to teaching and CPD professional training as of September 2022, in the following areas:
- SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT:
- Accounting and Finance
- Marketing and Communications
- Business and Management
- Hospitality and Management
- English Language & Literature (with PhD in pragmatics/discourse analysis)
- SCHOOL OF LAW:
- Foundations of English and Cypriot Law
- SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Digital and Analogue Electronics
- Fibre optic Communication
- Wireless Communication
- Signals and Systems
- WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Web Design, UX/UI Design
- Bootstrap, WordPress
- Graphic Design, Video Production, Video Post-Production, Multimedia Production
- Introduction to Algebra and Linear Algebra
- Functions, Vectors and Calculus
- Vector Calculus
- Discrete Mathematics
- Information Security management
- Cyber Defence
- Cyber Warfare
- Incident Handling
- Ethical Hacking
- Digital Forensics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering/ Software Technology
- Computer Networks/Computer Security
- Research Methods (qualitative and quantitative methods) and Statistics
- Health Psychology
- Organisational Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Risk Assessment (Forensic Psychology)
- Psychologist licensed in Cyprus with five year proved clinical experience (preferably in the areas of Forensic, Counselling or Clinical Psychology and with experience in areas such as risk assessment, addictions, prison settings, domestic violence.
It is desirable that applicants for the positions of Associate Lecturers should have a PhD; however, this is not an essential qualification when they have a Master’s degree and/or professional qualifications, e.g. ACCA, CISCO.
Applicants should have teaching experience at university level and some years of industry practitioners’ experience.
The salary range is normally € 30-40 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications; CPD professional fees will apply for certain professionals that will be involved in high profile training programmes.
Heads of Schools are open for cooperation with experienced research fellows that can join initiatives across research and knowledge transfer activities. Some Internships are open for research-inspired scholars.
Please send your completed UCLan Cyprus Application Form and your CV by email to [email protected]. UCLan Cyprus Application Forms as well as further details for the position, job description and person specifications can be obtained from our University’s website: https://www.uclancyprus.ac.cy/vacancy/academic-staff-vacancies-2022-2023/
No CVs will be accepted without a completed application form.
The closing date for applications is on Sunday 5th June 2022.
For informal enquiries, please contact the HR Department either via email at [email protected] or call on 24 694000.
UCLan Cyprus is an equal opportunities employer