- Τοποθεσία cyprus, nicosia
- Experience 5 Years
- Position Others
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Industry for the position Education
- Εταιρεία Human Asset Ltd
Περιγραφή θέσης εργασίας
The Company is a spin-off of the University of Nicosia, the largest university in Cyprus, with more than 11,500 students from over 70 countries, seeking an experienced Back-End Developer who will be responsible towards any back-end technical implementation required. This exciting and varied role will require a strong coder who is able to work under their own initiative. The ideal candidate would have to be passionate with Blockchain technology and be excited with the opportunity to make an impact in shaping future applications of this disruptive technology.
The Company’s blockchain based product has been successfully implemented and used by the University as well as other institutions for over four years.
Reporting to the Company CTO and Project Manager, the Senior Back-End will be responsible to take full ownership or delivery of any technical implementation component required, delivering software code that is built to scope and within the agreed upon goals, as well as, to collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on the product needs.
- Work in collaboration with a talented team of front-end and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services.
- Develop technical plans, implementation targets and take full ownership or delivery.
- Collaborate with prospective customers during product demos/evaluations.
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Interact onsite at customer locations for workshops and meetings as needed.
- Write efficient, scalable and testable code (from concept to code to production).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (in Computing, Computer Science, Informatics, Web Development or related).
- Fluency in English (a second EU language would be an advantage).
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Python and Java.
- Demonstrable experience with Object Oriented languages, Java / C++.
- Experience with Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) HTTP servers (e.g., gunicorn)
- Fluency in at least 2 of these storage engines: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, and Elasticsearch (design and querying).
- Experience in working with APIs and 3rd party system integration.
- Experience in working in an Agile-like Environment.
- Familiarity with current HTML/CSS/XHTML standards
- Experience in working with Restful or SOAP based web services, JSON/ XML etc.
- Experience with modern testing/debugging frameworks.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Bitcoin/Blockchain knowledge is a must
- Implementation experience with Smart Contracts (e.g., Solidity)
- Demonstrate experience with version control e.g., Git.
- Experience with Linux bash scripting.
- Taking initiative to research and learn emerging technologies (Blockchain is a rapidly evolving field of work)
- Able to working collaboratively with other team members.
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Habitual to write test cases first and then code.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested for this position, please send us your CV at [email protected] quoting the code SBED/2/19